DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone think we will ever get support for DJI Goggles on the Air 2?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I read that they works on other DJI drones albeit an controller googles usb connection but not the air 2. Just wondering the thoughts, maybe its by design as now I want another drone to fiddle with goggles view (still looking into goggles and 1st person flying in general).

Thoughts? Inside info? Think I am crazy?

Hopefully not. Regulations in most countries specifically state the aircraft must be flown and controlled by unassisted vision. May be okay in your own back yard or licenced, organised model aircraft clubs.

Hopefully not. Regulations in most countries specifically state the aircraft must be flown and controlled by unassisted vision. May be okay in your own back yard or licenced, organised model aircraft clubs.

I guess we are getting into gray area here since my interpretation was you can fly with goggles as long as you still have a spotter with you to maintain line of sight.

The trouble with a spotter in general is the time required to alert the pilot of an issue even when required by law to be co-located (beside the pilot). The situation is worse when the pilot is then wearing goggles - reaction time increases.

The trouble with a spotter in general is the time required to alert the pilot of an issue even when required by law to be co-located (beside the pilot). The situation is worse when the pilot is then wearing goggles - reaction time increases.

I agree, I only mean from the abiding by the law perspective. For me with the line of sight rule in general it doesn't make a lot of sense to me if you assessed your area properly. I'm far more safe looking at my drone screen while flying doing maneuvers than i am looking up at it in the sky. I see no difference this being applied to goggles... Proper assessment of where your flying is the key not someone trying to keep track of the drone visually at all times (other than abide by the rule). Maybe a unpopular opinion, but I apply common sense to myself personally ... just wish I could for the masses and we wouldn't get some rules. But I digress.

Reactions: jzilla80
Once You Go FPV, You Will Never Just Want Line Of Site Ever Again, I Fly FPV 100 Percent Of The Time. I Have The DJI RE/Racing Googles... The First Person View Is Simply Astounding !!! Especially When You Enable Head Tracking, And The Gimbal Moves As You Move Your Head Up, Down, Right, Left. It’s Mind Blowing... My 2 Cents...

Reactions: Davros007 and GerdS
Once You Go FPV, You Will Never Just Want Line Of Site Ever Again, I Fly FPV 100 Percent Of The Time. I Have The DJI RE/Racing Googles... The First Person View Is Simply Astounding !!! Especially When You Enable Head Tracking, And The Gimbal Moves As You Move Your Head Up, Down, Right, Left. It’s Mind Blowing... My 2 Cents...
What drone are you flying with them?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929