DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Apple own the largest drone maker Dji?

FLPilotshark

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
The reason why I ask the question is a lot of there software works a lot better then it does running it on a PC Dji Software.
They even remind ME of each other, they are overpriced products but they are the best and are made solid. They have the same platforms when doing any warranty repair etc, its the same process that you have to go through Dji,
PER DroneLife back in 2017, they had just learned that Apple computer, the maker to purchase Chinese drone manufacturer, DJI for an undisclosed amount of cash and stock...
My personal opinion, I think Apple does have there hands in the cookie jar in either creating Dji software and platform or something...

and water is wet.

Just look at the DJI CrystalSky monitor, and new Smart Controller ... Both are Android devices. That just would not be the case if DJI were owned by Apple!
Also - you can get Mavic's in colours other than white!

and if water is wet, what of it

The reason why I ask the question is a lot of there software works a lot better then it does running it on a PC Dji Software.
They even remind ME of each other, they are overpriced products but they are the best and are made solid. They have the same platforms when doing any warranty repair etc, its the same process that you have to go through Dji,
PER DroneLife back in 2017, they had just learned that Apple computer, the maker to purchase Chinese drone manufacturer, DJI for an undisclosed amount of cash and stock...
My personal opinion, I think Apple does have there hands in the cookie jar in either creating Dji software and platform or something...

If only Apple would help them make software! Then maybe it wouldn’t be so terrible most of the time. Say what you want about Apple their software works as intended with few exceptions.

Also Apple would never let their certificates get revoked BEFORE they had a fix in place:rolleyes:

They are partners though. Apple is an authorized DJI dealer and they sell their products in their stores. I think its very possible that Apple had input on their packaging and may be consulting for DJI on their business model. This is speculation but if they had ugly packaging that Apple didn't like I'm sure they'd bring it up as a problem.

DJI has openly said they try to emulate the Apple business model and customer experience. Apple doesn't own DJI however. I wish they did.

Reactions: Carb63
They are partners though. Apple is an authorized DJI dealer and they sell their products in their stores. I think its very possible that Apple had input on their packaging and may be consulting for DJI on their business model. This is speculation but if they had ugly packaging that Apple didn't like I'm sure they'd bring it up as a problem.

DJI has openly said they try to emulate the Apple business model and customer experience. Apple doesn't own DJI however. I wish they did.
And I am very glad they don't. Will NEVER give any business to Apple.

I like your correct use of the word their and not there, which is a location not a possessive....

Some DJI drones are sold in some Apple stores. In San Francisco on Fourth Street, I have seen the Mavic Pro for sale. This was several months ago.

Lorin

I like your correct use of the word their and not there, which is a location not a possessive....
It is interesting that there is so much mis-spelling and improper grammar in many web postings-not necessarily here at these forms-that when someone’s usage is correct it warrants a comment. Just a thought. It’s all about education.

Thanks, friends

Lorin

Reactions: The Editor
I believe the reason DJI seems to work better with apple than other platforms (android or windows) is that there are far less variables to account for in the hardware and operating system in the apple ecosystem.

If only Apple would help them make software! Then maybe it wouldn’t be so terrible most of the time. Say what you want about Apple their software works as intended with few exceptions.

Also Apple would never let their certificates get revoked BEFORE they had a fix in place:rolleyes:
With a few exceptions is right I been flying dji drones since the phantom 1 and my self personally don't fly any other drone people have to remember every electronic has flaws I owned one apple phone except 1 and that phone to me was very disappointing. So I'm an android type of guy
Apple have more money than DJI. They could easily buy it but DJI is the number one drone maker, they don't need to be bought yet.
DJI only been around since 2013 6yrs in the making and net worth 32billion not bad for a guy who started out in collage

Reactions: macoman
The relationship may have changed, but perhaps it would be worth remembering when Apple was on its knees (financially) Microsoft bailed them out by taking quite a large shareholding in the company. Would that not mean Microsoft has, by default, an interest in DJI as well.
Does it really matter if Apple, Microsoft or Google have an interest in DJI? Personally, I hope they don't, but my view is there would be a great many synergies between any of those organisations having relationships with each other, as well as DJI.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS