DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does blinking GREEN light on MP always mean home point has been recorded

tjcooper

Reactions
I have seen in other threads that pilots say that blinking GREEN indicator light on tail of MP means that GPS has been found and home point recorded. Is this true in all cases? If I take off early (in ATTimode but GPS not found yet) and start to ascend slowly, and the GREEN indicator starts to blink, does that mean I have gotten to GPS mode and the home point is locked in? Much thanks.

According to page 14 of the user manual it is normal.

USER MANUAL

The flash patterns and color of the lights can tell you the status of the aircraft.

@MA2 317
Thanks for your input. I need to know if the flashing GREEN positively means that home point has been set. I have been inside buildings when I take off with slow yellow flashing because there are no satellites in position to make a FULL GPS location. But a few seconds later I see indicator go to flashing GREEN, but I have never looked at location screen to see if homepoint icon is lit. Anyone verified that homepoint is set inside the building?

It's possible to get a GPS signal while inside a building especially if near the windows.

The signal will be weak and you wouldn't necessarily want a home point inside.

If the RTH kicked in, the aircraft may bounce of walls, ceilings or furniture.

There are three flash patterns for green.

GPS, vision sensors, and brakes.

USER MANUAL

I have User manual v2.0 Is it significantly different from v1.4?

I will run some tests today inside a garage with stucco walls. No satellite at all inside. When I open the garage door, I get enough sky exposure to see 2-5 satellites. I want to see what the "double green flash" looks like that says I have P-mode plus vision detection. I will look at the RC screen to see if a homepoint has been declared. (BTW, I never hear the audio saying homepoint recorded. And I have my phone audio up fairly high. Is there some magic setting I have to set to get the audio announcement?) Then I will drift out the door and see how long it takes to get "single green flash" and be sure that makes a recorded homepoint. Then I will turn around and reverse the path. I want to see how long it takes to stop the "single green flash". And when I get to "double green flash" I want to see if my homepoint has been removed. Wish me luck.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll