DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does DJI have a heatmap (Strava running app)?

laurens23

Reactions
I notices the news about Strava running app.

How a popular running app reveals the discreet routines of life on base
Strava Global Heatmap

Do you think DJI has a map like this? if yes, do you think they use/analyse the patterns?

I'm, sadly, pretty sure DJI would never publish it, but it would be really cool to see this data for DJI drones. Find out what drones fly where. Probably get to see tourist places and black spots around airports and other no fly zones. See how people behave around No Fly Zones and in restricted zones. maybe even plot and analyse connection failures and identify interference issues.

Strava Global Heatmap

Do you think DJI has a map like this? if yes, do you think they use/analyse the patterns?

I'm, sadly, pretty sure DJI would never publish it, but it would be really cool to see this data for DJI drones. Find out what drones fly where. Probably get to see tourist places and black spots around airports and other no fly zones. See how people behave around No Fly Zones and in restricted zones. maybe even plot and analyse connection failures and identify interference issues.
This is a GREAT idea....I'd love to see it, though I'm sure there are those that would want to opt out.

I'm a Strava user, and it always makes me smile when I see my rides on lesser known roads show up with a faint amount of "heat".

Reactions: laurens23

Strava Global Heatmap

Although I love the idea, GPS is only a one-way data connection i.e it can only provide you location information and not the other way around.

Although I love the idea, GPS is only a one-way data connection i.e it can only provide you location information and not the other way around.

I don't mean to get a life map of current flights, but a map with the accumulated data over a certain time (for example all flights in 2017). Just like what the Strava app that I mentioned did.

The DJI flight records on the app can be synchronised with the flight records DJI can collect the GPS data from all users and overlay it on a map, creating a heat map. that is exactly how Strava does it and how. They could also compare 2016 flights to 2017 flights. See how different policies in different countries affect the usage. and much more.

I don't mean to get a life map of current flights, but a map with the accumulated data over a certain time (for example all flights in 2017). Just like what the Strava app that I mentioned did.

The DJI flight records on the app can be synchronised with the flight records DJI can collect the GPS data from all users and overlay it on a map, creating a heat map. that is exactly how Strava does it and how. They could also compare 2016 flights to 2017 flights. See how different policies in different countries affect the usage. and much more.

Of course wasn't thinking, yeah very possible for DJI to do it.

Reactions: laurens23

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929