DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does dji have unofficial repair company I sent my drone to the wrong place I am very displeased with dji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arce101

Reactions
Ok so I did the repair form online and I was sent a shipping label but it’s going to New Jersey. Ok thought it was official until I talked to a guy didn’t sound very professional I can go on and on but I’d rather the people on the forum ask me some questions about the experience.now how did this happen I ask dji they said to have them ship it back then ship it to the right place in California. This drone service had my drone for two days without looking at it very sketchy I’m thinking of getting my attorney envloved bc if they tampered with my drone I’m gonna flip. And is dji gonna repace my drone for free for my inconvenience probably not just sent my drone to the wrong place now I gotta hope there gonna send me back what I sent them

Reactions: dsoar007
Why would DJI send you a shipping label for some random repair facility in New Jersey that isn't affiliated with them?

A lot about your post isn't clear. Where was the guy who didn't sound professional and why were you talking to him?

And no, they aren't going to replace your drone because you may or may not have been inconvenienced.

They guys in New Jersey and they sent me the shipping label after I did the repair ticket I’m thinking the whole time dji has a facility in New Jersey the thing looked legitimate as u can see above just didn’t take time to really look into it bc I was in a rush to get my drone fixed

@Thunderdrones is the best third party repair company for Mavics, Rob does great work and has very reasonable pricing.

@Thunderdrones has spent countless dm's with me over the past couple weeks working through my issues after my unfortunate crash. Without him I honestly wouldn't be anywhere near ready to fly again, I have it back to the point that I am almost certain once my gps board arrives in the next day or so I will be back in the air. I am reletively new to this forum, but I have found out there are several here more than willing to help you troubleshoot any issues you may have, and @Thunderdrones has been at the top of that list for me. @sar104 and @BudWalker have also been extremely helpful, and none of them had to be. I hope that I can gain the knowledge these guys have so I can in due time, pay it forward to others in the community. As far as DJI sending you a new drone?...I wouldn't hold my breath from what I have heard about dji's customer service. I haven't experienced it myself because I have had my Mavic Pro Platinum for about a month now, and it is my first DJI product. DJI will not see this drone again, if I happen to need repairs for it in the future, it will be shipped to Duluth, GA.

Can’t answer your question in the title.
When I hung my MPP 50’ up in a tree last January and it fell while I was getting my ladder I initiated DJICARE replacement on the DJI website. I got a shipping label to send it to Texas and did so. 8 working days later I received an apparently new MPP which was already registered to me on the DJI site, different serial number, and it has performed perfectly since. So DJI does have official shops in the U.S.

They guys in New Jersey and they sent me the shipping label after I did the repair ticket I’m thinking the whole time dji has a facility in New Jersey the thing looked legitimate as u can see above just didn’t take time to really look into it bc I was in a rush to get my drone fixed
I'm still confused on the details of where you found this repair site, who you spoke to, and why you would send it to them.

If I am getting the general idea, I think you hastily looked up "DJI drone repair" online, found some random "DJI Repair Shop" in NJ, didn't check to see if it was really DJI, and sent them your drone? So this was your fault for not actually going to dji.com to initiate the repair? If that is what happened, why would DJI ever "replace the drone for your inconvenience"? It's not their fault that you sent it to some unknown sketchy repair facility.

I'm still confused on the details of where you found this repair site, who you spoke to, and why you would send it to them.

If I am getting the general idea, I think you hastily looked up "DJI drone repair" online, found some random "DJI Repair Shop" in NJ, didn't check to see if it was really DJI, and sent them your drone? So this was your fault for not actually going to dji.com to initiate the repair? If that is what happened, why would DJI ever "replace the drone for your inconvenience"? It's not their fault that you sent it to some unknown sketchy repair facility.
Well you’re right now I’m trying to have them send it back but what else can I do to insure that I get it back?

@Arce101 Tell them it's your buddies and you need it back and you weren't suppose to send it, insist that no repair work be done to it - you may have to bite the bullet on it and fork over some $$ to get them to send it back. That's an unfortunate situation mate. Hope they don't hold your Drone for ransom.

By the way - can you at least share the link of the website/business you did send it to, so we can at least be aware of what steps you did take, and it will help inform people on here to research things before they send it? More of a cautionary example for us to learn from.

It’s seems legit he said he would send it back it’s just only the waiting game I’m sure he’s gonna drag his feet sending it back but just check out the site and go to the about us tab it says the would send it back free of charge so I’m gonna tell him tomorrow to send it back to me

Reactions: ChuckNorrisUSAF
@Arce101 LOL Their Instagram page is to die for....? I'm sure they are a legit business, with a few guys trained or certified in repairs, but it's fairly obvious they have no affiliation with DJI at all. Just plastered their logo all over the place.

An FYI... DJI list's their recommended service centers and Authorized Service Centers on their website, if you are looking for something official.
Recommended Service Centers - DJI

But like most people have said, @Thunderdrones is the real deal on here and is very informative and helpful with repairs.

Reactions: CJH92474
All I’m saying is if I don’t get it back I’m driving to new jersey next week

So you think they will send it back he said he would so

I wouldn't stress too much over it - if its a legit business, they will send it back. Sorry you're stressing out but try not to. Tomorrow is a new day! Just givem' a call and confirm when it will ship. That's all you can really do for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143