DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does everyone fly in Airplane mode

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey guys, just wondering if all of you fly with your phones in airplane mode??? Thanks

Yes absolutely. One of the main benefits is that the video feed seems to not cut out if flying in aeroplane mode.

Reactions: kiwibomber
That's what I didn't want to deal with a phone call or text coming in when I'm flying! How about the maps? I guess they will load and cache before I turn on airplane mode?

That's what I didn't want to deal with a phone call or text coming in when I'm flying! How about the maps? I guess they will load and cache before I turn on airplane mode?
You must pre-cache the maps for this to work. Open DJI GO 4, and hit the menu in the upper right of the splash screen (first screen that comes up). You'll see the Offline Maps option there. You don't need to be plugged into the controller or connected to the Mavic to do this. I too fly in airplane mode, even though I'm on a dedicated device without cell service. I also have USB Debugging turned on in Developer Options (Android), which some have said "might" help with video lag.

Reactions: ironmavic
I always do aswell,don't want a call coming in,don't no what would happen knowing my luck [emoji849]

You must pre-cache the maps for this to work. Open DJI GO 4, and hit the menu in the upper right of the splash screen (first screen that comes up). You'll see the Offline Maps option there. You don't need to be plugged into the controller or connected to the Mavic to do this. I too fly in airplane mode, even though I'm on a dedicated device without cell service. I also have USB Debugging turned on in Developer Options (Android), which some have said "might" help with video lag.

I do have that checked and when I put the iPhone in airplane mode and went to map view didn't see the map... am I missing something ? Thanks

Never. IPhone 7. 150 flights, zero problem. Pro: always an updated map besides your GPS location.

Reactions: sacballa
I do have that checked and when I put the iPhone in airplane mode and went to map view didn't see the map... am I missing something ? Thanks
You have that checked? You would use the offline map option to download entire maps of states, regions or countries. It's not something that you just check.

dbd5a7c66a9223847cbc0754a57c8ba3.jpg

I don't have that option [emoji33]

I dont fly in airplane mode. I tried it once and didn't realize that the map would disappear.

I did not put the effort into figuring out how to cache the maps.

I've received phone calls and text messages while flying. I simply ignore them and have had zero problems.

Granted, I only have 12 hours of flight time with 406k feet distance traveled.

iPhone 6.

iPhone 7 and iPad mini 4. Never in airplane mode. I do turn on Do Not Disturb though. Don't want calls, texts or notifications coming in. Zero issues.

Reactions: Rbruz
Most of my flights have been with iPhone7 and not in airplane mode. Have not encountered any problems so far.

I
Do Not use airplane mode
143 flights - all ok
Even texted and answered calls while flying-
7 plus with weak gps- lol

I personally don't. I try to avoid having to push too many buttons before and after the flight. If I turn on airplane mode, I will most certainly forget to turn it off, and that can be bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent