DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does,has or Is anybody flying in Los Angeles?

mikey201

Reactions
will be going in a few months
wondering if anybody flys there

A lot of LA is restricted flying due to so many heliports/airports in the city. You can drive outside the city for clear airspace but for the most part you will get that Class B airspace warning before you fly within city limits.

A lot of LA is restricted flying due to so many heliports/airports in the city. You can drive outside the city for clear airspace but for the most part you will get that Class B airspace warning before you fly within city limits.
i looked on some of the map apps and it doesnt show restricted or NFZ just shows alot of advisories and warning areas

so im guessing nobody lives in LA and has a drone lol

LA is a big place. I have flown there. There are Very few places near the ocean to fly. I go down to Huntington/Newport

Your best bet is to download an app like Kittyhawk.io, or Airmap or others that are similar to get some basic idea what is restricted and what is not. In LA there is LAX and then a lot of smaller airports around. Not counting Heliports which are all over the place but typically not restricted but shown as warning. I have not flown in LA but I do fly in OC.

LA is a big place. I have flown there. There are Very few places near the ocean to fly. I go down to Huntington/Newport
Any recommendations on where are good spots near Huntington? I'd like to fly at the beach - is that possible here?

Your best bet is to download an app like Kittyhawk.io, or Airmap or others that are similar to get some basic idea what is restricted and what is not. In LA there is LAX and then a lot of smaller airports around. Not counting Heliports which are all over the place but typically not restricted but shown as warning. I have not flown in LA but I do fly in OC.
Where do you fly in OC? I just arrived, weather is primo, and I'd like to get the Mavic in the air . . . . Any recommendations?

Hi. I live in South Bay Area and go out every weekend to palos verdes peninsula area. I recommend that area as it is not under any restrictions in most of those areas. One place I’d recommend is point Vicente lighthouse in am or before sunset. Get those amazing shots there. Lots of great beach scenes and surfer activity there too. I’ve had my Mavic 2 for under 4 months and really enjoying San Pedro/palos verdes areas. CB354B52-6302-416A-94D8-4EFB0739FF31.jpeg7B6C072D-04AE-43F0-B4EC-39161E1A0C9A.jpeg6EBE0FBA-FB22-4DC1-86F7-7B44524896DC.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929