DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does KittyHawk Web Page Support Recreational Users?

apeel

Reactions
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the KittyHawk web page ( 'app.kittyhawk.io') to get automatic LAANC authorization for a flight for Recreational Users. I thought that I did this once before using Safari on a Mac (not 100% sure, so maybe I never did) but now it does not seem to work. When I log into to Kittyhawk (via a web browser) and request authorization via the web page, it never asks me if I am 107 Certified or a Recreational User. It just seems to assume that I am 107 and when I seek authorization it correctly shows (in step 3 of the request LAANC Authorization process) my name and phone number. It has a nothing (I,e blank space) under the 'Part 107 Number' and it says 'Invalid Date' under the field labelled "Part 107 Issued Date". Then under the 'terms of operation', the first item says "Operator is a Certified 107 Remote Pilot and will follow Part 107 Rules". The only way I can get the "I Agree & Submit" button to become activated (so I can submit the request) is to check this radio button (and all of the other 7 radio buttons). Since I am not a 107 pilot, I do not want to select the 1st button. So is there anyway to get authorization at this site for Rec Users?

I have successfully used the iOS KittyHawk app on my iPhone to get this authorization, but it specifically asks me if I want Rec User or Part 107 approvals when I start the process on the phone app. The web site never asks. When at home planning a flight, I would rather use my computer to solicit authorization, hence my desire to do it via the web portal.

Any comments or suggestions?

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the KittyHawk web page ( 'app.kittyhawk.io') to get automatic LAANC authorization for a flight for Recreational Users. I thought that I did this once before using Safari on a Mac (not 100% sure, so maybe I never did) but now it does not seem to work. When I log into to Kittyhawk (via a web browser) and request authorization via the web page, it never asks me if I am 107 Certified or a Recreational User. It just seems to assume that I am 107 and when I seek authorization it correctly shows (in step 3 of the request LAANC Authorization process) my name and phone number. It has a nothing (I,e blank space) under the 'Part 107 Number' and it says 'Invalid Date' under the field labelled "Part 107 Issued Date". Then under the 'terms of operation', the first item says "Operator is a Certified 107 Remote Pilot and will follow Part 107 Rules". The only way I can get the "I Agree & Submit" button to become activated (so I can submit the request) is to check this radio button (and all of the other 7 radio buttons). Since I am not a 107 pilot, I do not want to select the 1st button. So is there anyway to get authorization at this site for Rec Users?

I have successfully used the iOS KittyHawk app on my iPhone to get this authorization, but it specifically asks me if I want Rec User or Part 107 approvals when I start the process on the phone app. The web site never asks. When at home planning a flight, I would rather use my computer to solicit authorization, hence my desire to do it via the web portal.

Yes they do

Attachments

• 8A20429C-220E-4C4F-AC23-EE18CA2734CC.png
    8A20429C-220E-4C4F-AC23-EE18CA2734CC.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 26
Hi folks,

I just tried pulling up their web page (app.kittyhawk.io) and found exactly what you describe. It assumes "Part 107" and there doesn't appear to be a place to select "Recreational". Apparently, the others replying do not know how to read because they are referring to the app, not the web page.

I did notice that the "Authorization" portion of the kittyhawk web site is in "beta" (look at the URL). Perhaps their web development lags behind their app development.

This is probably a question for the folks at kittyhawk.io.

Reactions: apeel and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929