DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

does Smart Controller need Assistant 2?

minnesDRoNEta

Reactions
just got M2P with smart controller combo. while setting everything up, the SC prompted me to update the firmware, which i did while it was connected to my home wifi. and it was able to update my drone's firmware as well shortly thereafter. later i connected SC to my computer with Assistant 2 already installed, and the latter stated that my SC's firmware (v01.00.0530) is up to date. this begs the question: whats the purpose behind Assistant 2?

When I bought my SC (a month ago), it updated properly over the WiFi. The latest update however had some issues and it was mentioned in the description that it should only be updated via Assistant 2.0. Some people have reported they could update via WiFi without problems though.

thanks, so i am not going crazy. i will keep assistant 2 for the time being, but will always attempt to update firmware directly from SC. hope dji's continues to support that functionality. just dont feel like connecting anything to the computer every time an update is needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest