DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the android version of Fly have all of the same functions as the regular version?

svenmarbles

Reactions
Thinking of trying a new device as a dedicated controller device but it’s just going to be a cheap Android device. Does anyone here use the android version of the app? Does it work ok?

Thinking of trying a new device as a dedicated controller device but it’s just going to be a cheap Android device. Does anyone here use the android version of the app? Does it work ok?
What exactly is the "regular" version? Fly on Android is a regular version.

Reactions: Thanev and fificap
I mean the actual IOS version.
There's no "actual" iOS and "other" version. They are both the DJI Fly app. One is for Android and the other is for iOS.

Not all Android devices work with GoFly app, my cheaper phone doesn't so double check before you purchase. I believe it has to be 64bit as opposed 16bit.
It won't show up in Google Play if it won't work

Reactions: Thomas B
Not the same.ios the best
some Of us would disagree with such a crass comment ... some platforms are better than others at different things ... try having a balanced , as opposed to blinkered , view ... sigh...

Pick your Android device, then before buying check compatibility list on the DJI website and here. Not all devices or version of Android OS are the same since it is open source.

Works great on "cheapo" Androids.

Do some homework.....be smart.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: pelagic_one
You can check if your Android phone can run Dji Fly by simply going to the Play store and seeing if it will download and install. If it does, you're golden. If it doesn't, you'll need a different device.

I fly android on my smart controller and iOS on my iPad mini.
Both work well. But the reason I have a regular controller with the iPad mini is because there are certain apps that I am required to use that don’t support android.

I attempted to convince the companies to support android and their claim was that android users don’t want to pay for apps..

I tried to explain that yeah they won’t pay for a flashlight app but if it was a really great flight app considering how much they have invested in their drone they would.
I guess I lost.

Nonetheless that is one consideration to take into account.

There is... The app is native to IOS and ported to Android, and I’ve heard from many accounts that it’s not great.
Really? Where did that information come from? If that's the case then why would the Smart Controller be Android based? Please substantiate your claims before posting them here.

Reactions: captqbec
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian