DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the M2 have a maximum file size when recording????

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I went for a long distance night flight tonight just to see how far I could maintain actual VLOS with strobes on. I took of and let her rip straight out, getting to 396'AGL to continue to maintain VLOS as long as possible. [FWIW I got out 8,000 ft before my PHONE decided to show low battery!

Anyway, I had turned the video on just after I got it off the ground and let the video run continuously. When I got it back and plugged the SD card into the computer I was perplexed because I saw THREE files, not just one, each around 3,670,800kb. The similarity in size of these files, plus the fact that I did not stop and start the video made me wonder what the file parameters were for the M2?

I'm not so good at reading manuals, so if someone can clue me in to what I missed and if there is a way to change the settings to just let the video run until it runs out of space I'd appreciate it. TIA

The similarity in size of these files, plus the fact that I did not stop and start the video made me wonder what the file parameters were for the M2?
All DJI consumer drones (and many other cameras too) have the same file size limet of around 3.7GB.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
I went for a long distance night flight tonight just to see how far I could maintain actual VLOS with strobes on. I took of and let her rip straight out, getting to 396'AGL to continue to maintain VLOS as long as possible. [FWIW I got out 8,000 ft before my PHONE decided to show low battery!

Anyway, I had turned the video on just after I got it off the ground and let the video run continuously. When I got it back and plugged the SD card into the computer I was perplexed because I saw THREE files, not just one, each around 3,670,800kb. The similarity in size of these files, plus the fact that I did not stop and start the video made me wonder what the file parameters were for the M2?

I'm not so good at reading manuals, so if someone can clue me in to what I missed and if there is a way to change the settings to just let the video run until it runs out of space I'd appreciate it. TIA
M2P maximum file size / duration at 4K makes ~ 3.5gb / 5:01 minutes.

M2P maximum file size / duration at 4K makes ~ 3.5gb / 5:01 minutes.
That is helpful. I was wondering how long I'd have before I'd either have to stop and restart video or it would do it for me.

That is helpful. I was wondering how long I'd have before I'd either have to stop and restart video or it would do it for me.
It doesn't stop recording, rather it closes the first file, opens the second while still recording. When you edit the files in your favourite video editor and place the files sequentially on the timeline, the whole recorded flight is there and complete.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka