DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the MA2 offer D-log or something similar?

Tom25

Reactions
Hello, Just wondering if the MA2 has D-log or an internal filter of it's own to create sharp images or video's without post production edits?

Thanks, Tom

Think you've got a couple concepts mixed into this question. The A2 does D-Cinelike, which is closer to log than linear. As a result, it'll need grading, or at least a LUT to look good. The default video look is fine, while the drone also offers HDR modes for both photo and video that are more heavily processed in-camera to create a finished look.

For images, you can shoot DNG raws, which will also look better with post.

None of these concepts are really tied to sharpness, but instead color and contrast.

Reactions: hiflyer201
.... to create sharp images or video's without post production edits?

Are you sure you want the D-log profiles ? It does the opposite - the contrast is low and colors are washed out. D-log MUST be post processed to get sharp image.

Think you've got a couple concepts mixed into this question. The A2 does D-Cinelike, which is closer to log than linear. As a result, it'll need grading, or at least a LUT to look good. The default video look is fine, while the drone also offers HDR modes for both photo and video that are more heavily processed in-camera to create a finished look.

For images, you can shoot DNG raws, which will also look better with post.

None of these concepts are really tied to sharpness, but instead color and contrast.
Hello,

Good Morning. Thanks for the response. I will give HDR modes a try, in hopes the finished output is nearly as good as messing with post production programs.
Tom

Hello,

Good Morning. Thanks for the response. I will give HDR modes a try, in hopes the finished output is nearly as good as messing with post production programs.
Tom
The only issue with HDR is it does not allow for shutter speed adjustment. Sometimes causing jittering...

It all depends what you want in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
The only issue with HDR is it does not allow for shitter speed adjustment. Sometimes causing jittering...

It all depends what you want in the end.

Hello,

Tom
You can try HDR or just leave it in the normal mode. There's not that much headroom to the files even in Cinelike to even make adjustments, compared to cine style cameras, so I wouldn't worry about it for most outputs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi