DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the MP2 remember the settings inputted...?

Captain Oveur

Reactions
Can I ask a learners question. I just got my new Mavic Pro 2 and have been watching the video about best camera and gimbal settings.

So 2 questions actually: can I only set these on the controller when the drone is switched on? Second question, if I add recommended settings, will the controller/drone remember these or do I have to reset them every single time I take the drone out for a fly? Any help here greatly appreciated. Another way of asking this, is that if I set the drones pitch/yaw settings and then set the camera to say cinematic mode, 4K 25fps, .MOV, H265, Dlog, then switch the drone and controller off for a few days, does it remember these settings next time I switch the unit on? Any help greatly appreciated. Dan

Settings are remembered at least until next time you upgrade firmware, or change a setting that affects others. Yes you need to have everything powered on and connected to adjust anything.

Reactions: Captain Oveur
And remember to remove the gimbal protector when you power on the drone. The gimbal goes through movement gyrations and needs to do that or you can injure the motors.

Settings are remembered at least until next time you upgrade firmware, or change a setting that affects others. Yes you need to have everything powered on and connected to adjust anything.

Thank you Kilrah. You know I find it a little odd that you can’t select the settings until the drone is switched on. It means the only time that you can learn how to navigate the menus is when the drone is in flight.

And remember to remove the gimbal protector when you power on the drone. The gimbal goes through movement gyrations and needs to do that or you can injure the motors.

Yep. I have left it on once or twice! Have you noticed that the gimbal protector actually scratches the top of the camera?

You know I find it a little odd that you can’t select the settings until the drone is switched on.
It's perfectly normal, since those settings are stored on the drone itself. Can't adjust things on a powered off device.

It means the only time that you can learn how to navigate the menus is when the drone is in flight.
Not at all, powered on on your bench is just fine. I said powered on, not in flight.

You know I find it a little odd that you can’t select the settings until the drone is switched on. It means the only time that you can learn how to navigate the menus is when the drone is in flight.
You can power on your Mavic at home and go through the menus there. There's no need to actually put your Mavic in the air before viewing/changing the settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake