DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the standard A2S Controller have a standard USB-C connector? (Tablet to Controller, NOT the charging port)

RealSting

Reactions
Does the standard A2S Controller have a standard USB-C connector? (Tablet to Controller, NOT the charging port). I want to use a longer USB-C to USB-C cable to connect my tablet as the standard cable may not be long enough (haven't got tablet yet so can't try it).

cheers.

Last edited:
Does the standard A2S Controller have a standard USB-C connector? (Tablet to Controller, NOT the charging port). I want to use a longer USB-C to USB-C cable to connect my tablet as the standard cable may not be long enough (haven't got tablet yet so can't try it).

cheers.
Is the A2S controller the one that comes with the Mini 2? In the "well" on top is a USB C port (the other hole is just a place to store the other end of the cable). If you need a longer cable, that has one USB C connector, and at the other end a connector that fits your phone or tablet, you might have to add an adaptor that goes from USB C to whatever you need. Amazon seems to have those type adaptors. On Amazon there is this option :

Cable Matters Braided USB C to Micro USB Cable 3.3 ft (Micro USB to USB-C Cable, USB Type C to Micro USB Cable) in Black
USB C to USB Micro (2).jpg

They come in 1, 3, and 6 foot lengths. All under $8.

Last edited:

cheers.
The port in the top of the RC is standard USB C. Depending on your video or tablet input, if the supplied cables aren't long enough, you may need an adaptor to go from USB C (on left below) to (in my case) Micro USB (on right). That seems to be standard on Samsung phones. I'm getting a Samsung Tab A7 Lite today. I'm guessing it will have a Micro USB port for data and charging.

Micro USB (C).jpg

Last edited:
The port in the top of the RC is standard USB C. Depending on your video or tablet input, if the supplied cables aren't long enough, you may need an adaptor to go from USB C (on left below) to (in my case) USB Micro C (on right). That seems to be standard on Samsung phones. I'm getting a Samsung Tab A7 Lite today. I'm guessing it will have a USB Micro C port for data and charging.

View attachment 147408
Micro C does not exist to my knowledge. Is that a prototype or actual standard?

They exist, although often called just Micro USB. See image above. The connector on the right fits my Samsung S7.
The Samsung Tab A7 Lite just arrived. Gotta go!
Micro-C does not exist. You are referencing a Micro-USB port, which was introduced in 2007, and existed long before USB C ports were developed.

Reactions: jedi2155
They exist, although often called just Micro USB. See image above. The connector on the right fits my Samsung S7.
The Samsung Tab A7 Lite just arrived. Gotta go!
Oh well, Samsung Tab A7 Lite has a power port that is USB C, not Micro. It's charging now. Started at 65% and very slowly coming up. The tiny manual is useless. It's suppose to have a Micro SDXC slot. Probably the little hole with something behind it. I'm guessing when it gets charged enough I'll be able to start it. In the meantime I'll search for an on-line manual.

Oh well, Samsung Tab A7 Lite has a power port that is USB C, not Micro. It's charging now. Started at 65% and very slowly coming up. The tiny manual is useless. It's suppose to have a Micro SDXC slot. Probably the little hole with something behind it. I'm guessing when it gets charged enough I'll be able to start it. In the meantime I'll search for an on-line manual.
Here's a the manual, and here's where the Micro SD card goes:

Samsung A7.JPG

Attachments

• samsung-galaxy-tab-a7-lite-user-manual.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 4
Thank you, that's what I thought. Use the little pin tool to push in on the hole. I haven't done it in a while and didn't want to break it first day. I think I'll take my 256gb out of the drone, and use that, and put the so-far-unwrapped 128gb in the drone.

The surround on the port makes it so you can't use most cables. You have to use one that is slim enough, so best to stick with ones sold for the Air2S

By the way that micro-SD slot on the Tablet isn't intended for regular popping in and out for accessing the drone files. For that you're better off getting a USB-C card reader sort of like this that I have similar one of : https://www.amazon.com/Keychain-Leizhan-Adapter-Compatible-Windows/dp/B09L4NDV4T/

I keep that in my bag in case I need to copy some files from the drone to my phone/tablet away from home. The problem with removing the SD card directly from the built in slot is that depending on how you configured it, it may use the card you format in there for tablet/phone storage and other functions, and may cause problems when you remove it and put in a different one. Plus needing to get that in and out is a fair bit cumbersome versus just using a reader.

Plus with the reader if you have a rather large card inside of the tablet itself, you could transfer original footage onto that card.

And yes the port on top of the RC1 is USB-C, it's the same remote as the Mini 2. Fortunate because finding Micro-USB adapters such as for the Mini 1 is a little harder to come by now days, whereas USB-C to USB-C can be picked up in nearly any shop now days. A 1 foot is typically sufficient for tablets, 6 inches tends to be fine for phones (while giving you more slack than the included cords).

I like using the longer cord for the Tablet holder like this one I have (which I'll rotate to landscape and use for a phone because seems to feel more secure than propping it under the antenna), which doesn't put any pressure on the antenna at all : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095Y9F751/

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007