DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Waypoint Hyperlapse Actually Work?

Bufface

Reactions
I'm a Mavic Air 2 owner here thinking about getting the Mavic 3.

One of my favorite usages for drones is hyperlapses and my interest has picked up in the last few days after reading about the implementation of the hyperlapse feature in 3.

What has really ticks me off about DJI, is that the waypoint hyperlapse has been bugged in the Mavic Air2 since last summer, over a year ago. DJI has never fixed the problems with this feature.

The problem with waypoint hyperlapse in the Air2 is that in many instances, it won't let you do a long hyperlapses that let you fully utilize the battery. You can only do a 2-5 second hyperlapse, where in the other modes like course lock, circle, and free flight, you can fully use the battery and do up 20 second hyperlapses.

The waypoint hyperlapse was working correctly at the release of AIR2, but a bug was introduced in a firmware update in summer 2020 and then never corrected.

Since the Air2 and The Mavic 3 both use the fly app, I am worried that the Bug may affect the Mavic 3 as well.

Has anyone tried using the waypoint hyperlapse feature and been able to do long hyperlapses where you fully use up your battery, and not limited to artificially short hyperlapses of a few seconds?

I plan to test this soon. I’ll keep you updated!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake