DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Lykus case tip over? I have a solution!

Chris J

Reactions
I recently upgraded from a Mavic Pro to a Mavic Air 2S and decided I wanted a new hard case for it. I bit of research led me to one of our board sponsors and I wound up ordering the MA210 from Lykus. I have to say this case appears to be of fantastic quality, particularly the pre-cut foam inserts. The one minor drawback I have found, and I've seen others here mention it as well, is that the case does not like to stand up vertically. The feet on the base don't extend the full width of the case so it has a tendency to tip over. I fixed that with a 3D printer and a weekend full of design iterations...I think I settled on v19.

Since I know I'm not the only one who noticed this, I have made my work available on Thingiverse. If any of you would like a set of these but don't have a 3D printer, I can probably put together a kit for you.

If anyone tries these and can confirm fitment on other Lykus model cases, I would appreciate it if you'd leave a comment below.

What you'll need to install these:
- (4 QTY) 10-32 or 10-24 bolts
- (4 QTY) 10-32 or 10-24 nuts
- (8 QTY) #10 washers (not required, but recommended to distribute the load)
- drill
- 13/64 drill bit
- installation tools for your chosen hardware

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5245590

before and after.jpg

Lykus case foot_1.png

Lykus case foot_2.png

Mine stands well. But most of the time I lay it flat because that’s the obvious way to get at what’s inside.

Can I ask what model you have that doesn't tip?

Setting the case down on its end is a pretty common thing to do, so it bugged me enough to fix it.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0