DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your M2 gimbal maintain the horizon perfectly? Need any gimbal roll input?

Former Member

Reactions
Just wondering how everyone is faring with their gimbals horizon on the M2 series? I have not had a single instance of needing to adjust the gimbal roll on any M2 I have flown so far.

In many of the Mavic Pros, which were produced between 2016 - 2018, the horizon would sometimes not level out on the roll axis after a turn, and on some Mavics I have flown, I had to keep the gimbal roll adjustment window open all the time to manually level it out.

Your experiences?

I never experienced that with my Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, or with my Mavic 2 pro.
My Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 both spent time under water and the gimbals still hold the horizon and position as they should.

Reactions: Former Member
There's your answer. The buoyancy of the pool water helped maintain the gimbals horizon.
HAHA... Actually it wasn't a pool.
Mavic Pro went down in the Dora Canal after hitting a tree while I was kayaking. Mavic 2 Pro went down into Lake Dora when I accidentally hit the water at about 20mph while flying to low.
Recovered both and dried them out my self. Both are still flying and taking great shots.

Reactions: Former Member
Just wondering how everyone is faring with their gimbals horizon on the M2 series? I have not had a single instance of needing to adjust the gimbal roll on any M2 I have flown so far.

In many of the Mavic Pros, which were produced between 2016 - 2018, the horizon would sometimes not level out on the roll axis after a turn, and on some Mavics I have flown, I had to keep the gimbal roll adjustment window open all the time to manually level it out.

Your experiences?
Mine has been prefect, I don't know what kind of clever tech they put in this time, but significantly better than the original mavic

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000