DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doesn't the FAA have better things to do

Well I don't understand why its the FAA's responsibility to investigate what restaurants are going to be built at airports. I think this would be at the bottom of the list of things for then to do. How bout they find out why and how a door fell off a plane and hit a house in Las Vegas yesterday

Well I don't understand why its the FAA's responsibility to investigate what restaurants are going to be built at airports. I think this would be at the bottom of the list of things for then to do. How bout they find out why and how a door fell off a plane and hit a house in Las Vegas yesterday

That's not how government agencies work. Their responsibilities are given to them by legislation, and they don't then get to pick and choose which to exercise. And the investigation of doors falling off planes would be the responsibility of the NTSB, not the FAA.

That's not how government agencies work. Their responsibilities are given to them by legislation, and they don't then get to pick and choose which to exercise. And the investigation of doors falling off planes would be the responsibility of the NTSB, not the FAA.
"We are looking into a report that a door or a panel fell off an aircraft near Nellis AFB," the Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement.

Reactions: BrucenYvette
They may well be looking into the report but the investigation to find out what happened still belongs to the NTSB.
Okay I don't know who does what just going by what the article said that the FAA was investigating and they had an FAA inspector on site, didn't say anything about the NTSB

Okay I don't know who does what just going by what the article said that the FAA was investigating and they had an FAA inspector on site, didn't say anything about the NTSB

Fair enough - it looks like the initial report was made to the FAA and they sent an investigator to verify the report. But if they had an FAA inspector on site then I don't understand your original complaint that they should have been investigating.

NTSB investigates accidents while the FAA makes and enforces the rules.

I was just saying theres much more important stuff for them to do then investigating who builds what at airports. I didn't say they weren't investigating the door just using it as an example of more important.:) Thumbswayup

Their responsibilities are given to them by legislation, and they don't then get to pick and choose which to exercise
Federal agencies pick and choose ALL the time and you know it. Unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats “interpreting”, or creating out of whole cloth, “laws” using purposely drafted catch all legislation as justification.

Federal agencies pick and choose ALL the time and you know it. Unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats “interpreting”, or creating out of whole cloth, “laws” using purposely drafted catch all legislation as justification.

That's a meaningless generalization and I'm not interested in debating your anti-government rant. However, on the specific topic under discussion, if the discrimination complaint was made then the FAA has to investigate.

That's a meaningless generalization and I'm not interested in debating your anti-government rant. However, on the specific topic under discussion, if the discrimination complaint was made then the FAA has to investigate.
You have clearly never worked in Washington DC.

..... And yes, I have. For two years, my office was three doors down the hall from a cabinet secretary so stop trying to tell me how Federal agencies “work”.

..... And yes, I have. For two years, my office was three doors down the hall from a cabinet secretary so stop trying to tell me how Federal agencies “work”.

Sorry, but I wouldn’t be proud of admitting that I worked in Washington. Some of my favorite work in the past has been for the federal government, but I was as far away from Washington as one could possibly get and I was very low on the totem pole. They were truly fun and amazing field jobs. When my supervisors suggested that I apply for higher level administrative job openings, I knew it was over.

Reactions: Jalatta
Sorry, but I wouldn’t be proud of admitting that I worked in Washington. Some of my favorite work in the past has been for the federal government, but I was as far away from Washington as one could possibly get and I was very low on the totem pole. They were truly fun and amazing field jobs. When my supervisors suggested that I apply for higher level administrative job openings, I knew it was over.
I so hear you!! I actually reported to the office of the White House Chief of Staff. When it was time for the new administration to come in, I was presented many opportunities to move into the lobbyist world. I hightailed it out of town and back to the private sector so fast it’s a wonder I didn’t get arrested for reckless driving!

I’ve worked in DC too, and while much of what you say is correct, it doesn’t negate the duty of agencies to investigate certain matters.

What I find continually weird here is the vast amounts of complaints about the FAA. It’s much more prevalent here than in forums for airplane pilots, who face far more levels of regulatory scrutiny that drone pilots do. This issue, for example, has nothing whatsoever to do with drones, yet here we are.

I have no interest in convincing you of anything. I also don't find your claim even remotely credible. And yes - I work for a Federal Agency.

I’ve worked in DC too, and while much of what you say is correct, it doesn’t negate the duty of agencies to investigate certain matters.

What I find continually weird here is the vast amounts of complaints about the FAA. It’s much more prevalent here than in forums for airplane pilots, who face far more levels of regulatory scrutiny that drone pilots do. This issue, for example, has nothing whatsoever to do with drones, yet here we are.

That's because large swathes of the drone community are almost completely ignorant of the entire subject, and have decided that any attempt to regulate the use of drones is an infringement on their rights.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61