DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doing a -Fishing the West- mini Video Marketing Ad using the Mavic 2 Pro along with doing a voice over....

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
These video's were shot with the Mavic 2 Pro in July 2021 out in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. Flying over this terrain is something to be enjoyed and enjoyed it was indeed. There's so many different shots a person can do and we're looking forward to our return trip for more material.
We're trying to get a handle on doing video's for clients and producing small Video Marketing Ads and this is one we did. All done in 4k quality.

Suggestions:
Start with a high, broad view of the big location(s) and then a couple of progressively closer shots - to draw the viewer in.
Eliminate the 'straight-down' shots. More shots down at eye-level; hover the drone and do a slow pan of the water and bank. If possible, show people actually fishing and even better, catching.
Edit the shots for more consistent color & exposure. You can fold the drone and carry it 'hand-held' for the actual fishing shots. I shot a video using my Mavic Pro folded and carried it around to get the close-ups. Example: I shot and edited this for MTVs 'The Hills' cast & crew pool party in Beverly Hills a couple of years ago. Watch
Your audio seems a bit muted/muffled. Maybe a better mic/recorder? I grabbed your audio and did some vocal enhance and mastering to brighten it up - listen to it here >
If you're editing with Adobe Premiere Pro, there are excellent audio, color and other controls to make it polished.
End with a reverse of the opening; A high pull back to take the viewer back out.
Think of what the viewer/fisherman would want to see and give it to them, but leave them wanting more.
You can and will make videos that people love to watch and share!

Suggestions:
Start with a high, broad view of the big location(s) and then a couple of progressively closer shots - to draw the viewer in.
Eliminate the 'straight-down' shots. More shots down at eye-level; hover the drone and do a slow pan of the water and bank. If possible, show people actually fishing and even better, catching.
Edit the shots for more consistent color & exposure. You can fold the drone and carry it 'hand-held' for the actual fishing shots. I shot a video using my Mavic Pro folded and carried it around to get the close-ups. Example: I shot and edited this for MTVs 'The Hills' cast & crew pool party in Beverly Hills a couple of years ago. Watch
Your audio seems a bit muted/muffled. Maybe a better mic/recorder? I grabbed your audio and did some vocal enhance and mastering to brighten it up - listen to it here >
If you're editing with Adobe Premiere Pro, there are excellent audio, color and other controls to make it polished.
End with a reverse of the opening; A high pull back to take the viewer back out.
Think of what the viewer/fisherman would want to see and give it to them, but leave them wanting more.
You can and will make videos that people love to watch and share!
Thank you a lot and I appreciate your input, and your freshening the audio... It's a oncoming venture for me but I enjoy trying more and more and learning as I go.
Your video looked very good....can I ask ... I assume you did charge a client for it and how much did you charge for doing it ? That's a whole new world for me is how to charge a client for the work we do. Thanks again !

Because of our relationship with MTV and the cross-connect with NBCUniversal and my company, Pegasus Aerial Images(.com), I did this as a favor which has come back nicely.
As an FAA Part 107 licensed and insured Professional Commercial Pilot, I am allowed to charge for video production using sUAVs. If you in any way receive compensation for your drone footage, federal law requires that you hold a current Part 107 License and follow all safety procedure requirements. So important.
For a project like yours, spanning 3 states and multiple locations (if I lived central to them and had a personal passion for fishing), editing and other post, licensing the music, etc. I would start at a minimum of $1,600 but it would likely go higher, 2K, 3K or more depending on the clients' demands.
I can't imagine who the client might be unless they turn it into an ad for their products or services with an expectation of ROI.
Assuming you are licensed, if your client says they can get it done cheaper, ask if they are running a liability risk by using unlicensed, uninsured and unqualified pilots.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Because of our relationship with MTV and the cross-connect with NBCUniversal and my company, Pegasus Aerial Images(.com), I did this as a favor which has come back nicely.
As an FAA Part 107 licensed and insured Professional Commercial Pilot, I am allowed to charge for video production using sUAVs. If you in any way receive compensation for your drone footage, federal law requires that you hold a current Part 107 License and follow all safety procedure requirements. So important.
For a project like yours, spanning 3 states and multiple locations (if I lived central to them and had a personal passion for fishing), editing and other post, licensing the music, etc. I would start at a minimum of $1,600 but it would likely go higher, 2K, 3K or more depending on the clients' demands.
I can't imagine who the client might be unless they turn it into an ad for their products or services with an expectation of ROI.
Assuming you are licensed, if your client says they can get it done cheaper, ask if they are running a liability risk by using unlicensed, uninsured and unqualified pilots.
Thank you again and I appreciate your openness and clarity on everything to do with this video and our conversation ! Yes I received my Part 107 in June of 2020 and have done a few little, and just local, jobs for fun. It's all about safety and lawful operations with us and I have always followed the FAA guidelines for safe and lawful sUAS operations.
I did take your advice and did a audio remaster of the video. I didn't do anything else just took care of the audio. It took me awhile and I'll put a link back up again (remade) of the video.
When it comes to the video material I did, when I flew the Mavic I didn't have any designed plan on video material use at all. I just knew I wanted to take a step forward and start looking at producing Video Ads so the rest is history. I now know a lot more thought has to go into a quality Video Marketing Ads and learning slow but sure...lol...Thumbswayup
Thanks again...

Often, the best teacher is successful projects that others have completed.
Watch it the first time as a 'viewer'. Did it do what was intended? Were you moved?
Watch it the 2nd time as a producer. How many locations? How many hours?
Pretend that YOU produced it. Where were you standing? ... and thinking?
Were the moves all 'thumbs-on-sticks' or were some takes programmed with waypoints, POI, cine or tripod mode or other control-assist.
When you edited it, did you keep it moving or were any cuts too long - or too short?
Does the music and graphics and VO work together for the target audience?
As a commercial, it needs to end with a call-to-action. Will it generate click-throughs?
Again - avoid cruise - turn - cruise in a single take or edit it to just cruise or just turn.
Avoid straight down shots; if you were able to fly like superman, where would your eyes be pointed?
Practice your moves and shoot multiples of the same shot when possible for more options in post.
And then go practice some more.
BTW: It's better with the brighter audio, : )

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Often, the best teacher is successful projects that others have completed.
Watch it the first time as a 'viewer'. Did it do what was intended? Were you moved?
Watch it the 2nd time as a producer. How many locations? How many hours?
Pretend that YOU produced it. Where were you standing? ... and thinking?
Were the moves all 'thumbs-on-sticks' or were some takes programmed with waypoints, POI, cine or tripod mode or other control-assist.
When you edited it, did you keep it moving or were any cuts too long - or too short?
Does the music and graphics and VO work together for the target audience?
As a commercial, it needs to end with a call-to-action. Will it generate click-throughs?
Again - avoid cruise - turn - cruise in a single take or edit it to just cruise or just turn.
Avoid straight down shots; if you were able to fly like superman, where would your eyes be pointed?
Practice your moves and shoot multiples of the same shot when possible for more options in post.
And then go practice some more.
BTW: It's better with the brighter audio, : )
Thank you again !

These video's were shot with the Mavic 2 Pro in July 2021 out in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. Flying over this terrain is something to be enjoyed and enjoyed it was indeed. There's so many different shots a person can do and we're looking forward to our return trip for more material.
We're trying to get a handle on doing video's for clients and producing small Video Marketing Ads and this is one we did. All done in 4k quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S