DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dolly Zoom Options

Reactions
I am working with the Dolly Zoom effect on my Mav Zoom. I read the posts and people seem to be having the same problem as mine. I still don't understand a couple things and havent been able to test as the options arent clear when I am in the field.
#1 Dolly Zoom doesnt not show up as an option a lot. I think that I need to make sure I am on 1080 30fps, are there any other stipulations to make it not work?

#2 I am able to see a Dolly Zoom option sometimes in "Quickshots" but I tried that and it took a cool video but it didnt zoom, it just flew away and stay on me. Cool none the less. That was more like Ateroid maybe.
2a. I have never seen Dolly Zoom under the "hyperlapse" which is where all the tutorials say to go, its not there and its not slidable to get to it.

#3 What I dont understand it how to get it to Dolly Zoom forward or Reverse and how set set the length, I dont have any options for it. I want to be able to control how long the video is, whether it comes towards the subject or flies backwards from it. Where is this stuff?

Thank you for any help,

*Actually I think the guide said goto "Timelapse" is this different than Hyperlapse, I don't see time lapse :(

Last edited:
My dolly zoom is under Quickshots.
I just select /highlight a subject and press GO, it zooms in as it goes in reverse and increases altitude a bit.

You dont see it regularly in Quickshots? I dont have any idea, sorry. Hopefully someone better than myself can help you.

Reactions: Virginia Flyer
My dolly zoom is under Quickshots.
I just select /highlight a subject and press GO, it zooms in as it goes in reverse and increases altitude a bit.

You dont see it regularly in Quickshots? I dont have any idea, sorry. Hopefully someone better than myself can help you.
I am seeing it under quickshots now. I have been reading many places, and one place for instance suggested
"Quote
How to Use Dolly Zoom on the Mavic 2 Zoom
  1. In the DJI GO 4 app select the controller icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
  2. Select the “Timelapse”.
  3. On the next pop up menu select “Dolly Zoom
  4. Draw a box around the subject you want the Dolly Zoom to focus on.
"End Quote
I dont see Time Lapse' any where

I would really like more options on Dolly Zoom, for instance the ability to reverse it and have it come towards you, maybe add some time lapse and other feature, like a longer dolly zoom video, 30 seconds or whatever.
I guess Im making sure I am not missing these options some how.

No, there are no options to Dolly Zoom. You can post process to reverse it. Or you can do everything you want manually since you have the ability to zoom while flying.

No, there are no options to Dolly Zoom. You can post process to reverse it. Or you can do everything you want manually since you have the ability to zoom while flying.
Thank you, I was driving myself nuts trying to find the options. I'll toy around with it in After Effects or something. Thank you - Btw we love the Dakar, my family, brother , father and a couple other guys ran the Baja 1000 a few times. The last being 2007. What a lot of fun and scary times. I checked out a few of your videos, good stuff. thanks

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada