DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don’t fly it indoors !

Arnu69

Reactions
When you get your mavic mini,Don’t fly it indoors. All the advice I been getting and YouTube clips suggest don’t fly it indoors. So I got a mavic mini and for the first 2 weeks I didn’t fly it indoors. Weather has been terrible here in London with 70 mph winds and rain and for a whole week now I ain’t been able to fly. So I thought why don’t I have a little fly indoors ? I thought no, you shouldn’t really fly it indoors. Oh what’s the harm? So I flew it indoors. It crashed into the refrigerator almost immediately and hit the hard tiled surface with a painful sounding smash!!! Totally my fault, luckily no damage occurred and all I had to do was recalibrate. I won’t be flying it indoors again.

When you get your mavic mini,Don’t fly it indoors. All the advice I been getting and YouTube clips suggest don’t fly it indoors. So I got a mavic mini and for the first 2 weeks I didn’t fly it indoors. Weather has been terrible here in London with 70 mph winds and rain and for a whole week now I ain’t been able to fly. So I thought why don’t I have a little fly indoors ? I thought no, you shouldn’t really fly it indoors. Oh what’s the harm? So I flew it indoors. It crashed into the refrigerator almost immediately and hit the hard tiled surface with a painful sounding smash!!! Totally my fault, luckily no damage occurred and all I had to do was recalibrate. I won’t be flying it indoors again.
There is a dedicated Mavic Mini section. This is General Discussion

• Haha
Reactions: Mavrick77
So where should I have posted ?
Where you correctly posted this one...

In Mavic Mini Discussions

If you fly indoors, make sure the area is as bright as possible so that the "visual positioning system" can work, once aloft change the flight mode into "CineSmooth" it's slower and will make the drone easier to fly.
You probably flew it in a dark room

You should translate your indoor flying experience to the outdoors do not fly in confined spaces. Like anywhere near her tree wall house etc. you have learned a lesson that your depth perception is really not that accurate.

I am flattered you all think the drone misbehaved but this crash was purely a pilot error in that I went left when I should have gone forward .lol

Reactions: BigAl07 and jazzjaa
Flying indoors is pretty simple ... just don’t do anything quickly and make sure is going somewhere it shouldn’t take your fingers off the sticks instead of panicking trying to stop it....

It’s okay to fly indoors if you put on the propeller guards.

Get the propeller guards ... they come in the Fly More Combo or you can probably buy them separately - the Mini will just bounce off of objects and not crash

I did the same thing with my m2p. It wasn't my first time flying indoors, but this time I turned off all the sensors and that was a big mistake. The draft created by the aircraft itself in confined space causes it to drift all over the place and my controlling it manually wasn't very successful, no damage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00