DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Donald Trump made me downgrade to .400

Malavic

Reactions
Yes, it's true. He is staying in Bedminster NJ, just about exactly 30 miles from me. The TFR zone line runs through my back yard. I take off from my deck and the I get "near NFZ" on the controller and the aircraft seems to go batty. Disconnects, won't move, lost connect. I'm 10 feet away.

My understanding is that he's going to be there for much of August.

A little Harry Potter magic later for a .400 downgrade and I can fly again.

For what it's worth, the terrain behind my house rises up 250 feet or so. Me flying at 100 feet AGL over my house harms no one. They will literally hit the mountain before they can hit my drone.

I wanted to make it work but this is silly. I've been on .800 for a bit.

I'm flying in my back yard in NW NJ, 40+ miles from a major airport and 10+ from small airports, no heliports, hospitals or jack squat near me. BS.

So in short, you're flying in an area where its banned. Well done. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Actually I am not. I am on my deck, not in nfz and the Mavic won't fly properly. It beeps honks and disconnects with near nfz on controller

No magic in rolling back your firmware we have a how to thread on it .
And he didn't make you do it you wanted to do it .
I find it strange your's does all that as I tried messing in a NFZ here
nfz.jpg and it just wouldn't spin up but moved back a small distance and was fine
NFZ1.jpg It would fly to the edge but just stop but that is all .
You must have had some other issue's .

Actually I am not. I am on my deck, not in nfz and the Mavic won't fly properly. It beeps honks and disconnects with near nfz on controller

Good. So its doing what was intended and the FAA require then.

Good. So its doing what was intended and the FAA require then.

Actually, I should be able to fly towards the front of my house and away. It wouldn't let me do anything, it would beep, honk, disconnect, rinse repeat. The NFZ is 150+ feet away. My Mavic has been very stable, I've never had any issues with it. I shut everything down...restarted, same BS.

No magic in rolling back your firmware we have a how to thread on it .
And he didn't make you do it you wanted to do it .
I find it strange your's does all that as I tried messing in a NFZ here
View attachment 19074 and it just wouldn't spin up but moved back a small distance and was fine
View attachment 19075 It would fly to the edge but just stop but that is all .
You must have had some other issue's .

My reference to Magic was that I used Dumbldore, not that it was a particularly mystical process.

Reactions: SeaComms
And what I was saying is I messed in a NFZ just to see if all I was reading was right . I had no issues , it just stopped . I could back up and go forward again and it would do the same . Was standing under it .
Was just a small NFZ around a prison but just wanted to see if it did do all that .
jail.jpg from the outside edge of the red circle .
Now I am on the latest firmware so maybe thats why mine didn't do as yours .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143