DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

~ Don't BUY the Mavic Pro Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Ordered from Amazon,
1st - It arrived with items missing such as the ability to charge the batteries, imagine that..... You would think that little item would be useful wouldn't you?
2nd - Its not as easy as the tutorials would have you believe to use....
3rd - Right out of the box it has a "Gimbal Motor Overload Error" message, another example of the quality... And no, I didn't leave Gimbal Motor Clamp on it.. After all the tutorials I learned I wasted my money in purchasing something I can't use. Expensive lessons I guess, so I am sharing this so others won't have to go through the same expensive lesson I did. If you need to measure stockpiles etc just hire someone to do it with their drone, let them deal with the problems of owning one.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Sorry for your troubles but many people (I mean a LOT) have great experience with this aircraft right out of the box. Get your $$ back and get a different one. You'll be glad you did.

I get the "Gimbal Motor Overload Error" quite often - especially if the grass is a little wet. It usually clears with a camera move down and back up. Although I do often forget to take the motor clamp off.

Also - I got mine from Amazon too (albeit .co.uk) - the battery charger came with it - although I would recommend anybody to get the Fly More kit with the multi-charger and car charger.

I've had a really good experience - even though it is my first drone.

If you didn't get a charger you probably screwed up and bought a USED 3rd-party amazon listing, other issues being related to that? BTW you posted in the Mavic 2 section.

I am sharing this so others won't have to go through the same expensive lesson I did
You know you're talking to a group of owners all enjoying theirs, right?

Having seen the crashes and damage reported here, and having had one crash of my own, I'd think very carefully about buying a used drone online, even from Amazon Marketplace.

Reactions: bobj151
I've got the mavic 2 pro and I have to agree it's a P.O.S.. After the update I got ESC status error that I cannot get rid of no matter what I try and now I'm also getting EMMC FULL which is memory card. Put new memory card in it and try to format it and cannot get into camera mode to do so. I have a phantom 4 pro V2 that I love. Never a problem with the phantom series.

If you did not get a charger, how did you properly fully charge the batteries before attempting a power on and firmware update?

When you get your money back, make sure you order from and Authorized DJI reseller or get it direct from DJI.

I get the "Gimbal Motor Overload Error" quite often - especially if the grass is a little wet. It usually clears with a camera move down and back up. Although I do often forget to take the motor clamp off.

Also - I got mine from Amazon too (albeit .co.uk) - the battery charger came with it - although I would recommend anybody to get the Fly More kit with the multi-charger and car charger.

I've had a really good experience - even though it is my first drone.

This is the Fly More Kit, was supposed to have all the batteries and charging mechanisms... Got the batteries but no charging mechanism..

Sorry for your troubles but many people (I mean a LOT) have great experience with this aircraft right out of the box. Get your $$ back and get a different one. You'll be glad you did.

Be glad to but the time limit on refund is over

If you did not get a charger, how did you properly fully charge the batteries before attempting a power on and firmware update?

When you get your money back, make sure you order from and Authorized DJI reseller or get it direct from DJI.

I called Amazon, who in turn called the Manufacturer who authorized the purchase of an after market charger for the unit. I will NOT be ordering another one..

Question I have is:
The purchase through Amazon, was it DJI that was the seller or a third party? To spout off and create a thread saying
"POS...Don't BUY........" is a little harsh
If it was by a third party through Amazon, you should be going after them. Myself I would return it to Amazon for full credit and do my due diligence next time and make sure that the seller was reputable. But you say also the time limit to return is past. Why did you take so long to decide this?
OP doesn't say who the seller really is, he just spouts off with a damning titled thread

If you didn't get a charger you probably screwed up and bought a USED 3rd-party amazon listing, other issues being related to that? BTW you posted in the Mavic 2 section.

You know you're talking to a group of owners all enjoying theirs, right?

Yes , I know you're all happy campers, lol. And no, it wasn't used from 3rd party, brand new with all the little plastic covers in the appropriate places

and now I'm also getting EMMC FULL which is memory card. Put new memory card in it and try to format it and cannot get into camera mode to do so.

Have you tried connecting through the USB-C connector (on the opposite side to the memory card slot)? I've been able to see both the internal memory and the memory card through my computer. That should allow you to clear the internal memory so you can format the new card.

Labeling the drone a POS is not only harsh but irrational. You are taking out your anger on the product instead of the seller who packaged your drone.
It may have been a returned repackaged unit.
Did you get a "stunning deal"? or paid full price? Did you read the fine print? I am sure a charger came with it, I am assuming you are missing the multi-battery-charge-block.
I am sorry to say, but your rant is no different than people going to car forums and post a rant storm how bad/POS brand X is because they had to take it back to brand X dealer because it was missing 1 wheel nut protector.
And it is always followed the statement "I will never buy brandX ever again"

Last edited:
kinda confused,,,,,if u opened it and it didnt have the charger why did u wait till return window was gone?? its usually 30 days on amazon to return no questions asked, ur issue is with amazon not dji. i am a amazon junkie and for the most part they are awsome but once they sent me the complete wrong item and didnt believe me and accused me of swapping it and stealing basically,...... if u were missing items why did u wait to return it.

i agree with the other posters here you can not just rubbish something because of a bad experience,i purchased my MPP fly more package from a reputable DJI dealer in the UK,it came the next day and i have had no problems at all with it.sometimes it is best to pay a bit extra and get a genuine product.its a shame you had a bad time with your drone but many many others have not

Ordered from Amazon,
1st - It arrived with items missing such as the ability to charge the batteries, imagine that..... You would think that little item would be useful wouldn't you?
2nd - Its not as easy as the tutorials would have you believe to use....
3rd - Right out of the box it has a "Gimbal Motor Overload Error" message, another example of the quality... And no, I didn't leave Gimbal Motor Clamp on it.. After all the tutorials I learned I wasted my money in purchasing something I can't use. Expensive lessons I guess, so I am sharing this so others won't have to go through the same expensive lesson I did. If you need to measure stockpiles etc just hire someone to do it with their drone, let them deal with the problems of owning one.
Did you buy a Mavic Pro platinum to do volumetric measurements for your business?

POS??? Not for 98% of us. It's one of the finest electronic items I've ever owned. The frustration belongs elsewhere, including home. There was a long period in which return was available or another solution, depending on what was wrong. If I were nearby I would've been glad to help sort it all out.

Was this a warehouse deal or something along that line. Personally I have had great experiences with both DJI and Amazon. Sometimes if I go for a warehouse deal ot goes back because it was not in the condition described. I accept that when I order it and smile when it's perfect. There is no charge to send back a product that is not up to par unless you wait too long and then that's on you.

Reactions: Rich55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada