DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't do this

Todd W

Reactions
While locked down during Corona times, I decided to make a video of the toilet paper shortage and dangle one about 3'below my drone (mavic2 zoom) and do a video announcing my new drone TP delivery service, as a joke.
Well joke on me, as I dressed up like bubbles on TPB's and started production everything went great.
Then after reaching 150' or so dangling TP over the my neighborhood, I realized it wint come down !!! The sensor was seeing the TP and sees it as an obstacle or possibly ground ? Panic struck and after a minute or two, I got the TP swinging in a circular motion and it come down in spurts :) Didn't think that one out much :( got a video of it all around here somewhere.
Letting anyone else know, do not try this. Lol

I flew into a similar situation last month at my favorite wide-open, grassy park. Fog had just lifted, but there were a few low-lying spots still covered in a little fog. My M2P flew through the mist and just froze, hovering at eye-level above the ground.

A quick flip to Sport Mode got her in motion back to me. Lesson learned.

Reactions: Capt KO and Gindra
Most important question is ... did the TP survive OK? ?

While locked down during Corona times, I decided to make a video of the toilet paper shortage and dangle one about 3'below my drone (mavic2 zoom) and do a video announcing my new drone TP delivery service, as a joke.
Well joke on me, as I dressed up like bubbles on TPB's and started production everything went great.
Then after reaching 150' or so dangling TP over the my neighborhood, I realized it wint come down !!! The sensor was seeing the TP and sees it as an obstacle or possibly ground ? Panic struck and after a minute or two, I got the TP swinging in a circular motion and it come down in spurts :) Didn't think that one out much :( got a video of it all around here somewhere.
Letting anyone else know, do not try this. Lol
That's just dang funny...thanx for the laugh

I watched a vid the other day some guy trying to disable the sensors so he could film with the MM in tight areas (like under a low table). Even in Sport mode those sensors would kick the drone upward. a piece of tape covering the sensors did the trick. I used the same technique the other day and it worked well.....

I can only imagine the panic. Looking at your battery left % back at the drone. Battery%, back at the drone, etc. Glad it worked out.

I had a similar problem with a lume cube on an insta 360 bottom mount, but the drone kept climbing even with full down stick.
Needless to say, i no longer fly as i no longer have a drone.???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest