DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dont shoot the messanger !! DJI Can Only Produce 200 Or So Mavic's A Day

Anthony

Reactions
I took this from the DJI Forum .......

According to some post in DJI Chinese forum - DJI can only produce 200 or so Mavic a day but pre-orders are 10000+. They are "hoping" to fulfil the first two days of orders by 13th. There is going to be a long wait for a lot of people

This is the post I got this from

Mavic UK time frame to resllers

Last edited:

According to some post in DJI Chinese forum - DJI can only produce 200 or so Mavic a day but pre-orders are 10000+. They are "hoping" to fulfil the first two days of orders by 13th. There is going to be a long wait for a lot of people
Can you post a link to this info?

Looks more like some random awnser frome a forum member, not a dji official statement or frome a dji forum admin or so.

To much rumours going on already!
Only thing we can do is wait, wait, wait.

Looks more like some random awnser frome a forum member, not a dji official statement or frome a dji forum admin or so.

To much rumours going on already!
Only thing we can do is wait, wait, wait.
Yeah - and he's new to the DJI Forum as well.
I would take that with a big pinch of salt........

++but isn't that really the problem ..... DJI could put a stop to this very quickly and very easily by putting out the official numbers but instead they are silent and with silence come great speculation :)

Reactions: Bob Publicover

This is the post I got this from

Mavic UK time frame to resllers
I bet that is correct. I would not think anywhere near a million but 10,000 is believable. I don't know what to compare production speeds to on something so technologically advanced with several components like the Mavic. 200 a day does sound fairly slow to me though. But I guess that is 1 mavic every 7.2 minutes so maybe not...

I think DJI's Mavic order book will have way more than 10,000 units on it world wide ....

I bet that is correct. I would not think anywhere near a million but 10,000 is believable. I don't know what to compare production speeds to on something so technologically advanced with several components like the Mavic. 200 a day does sound fairly slow to me though. But I guess that is 1 mavic every 7.2 minutes so maybe not...

You're assuming they only work 8 hour days, and only 1 shift per day. Don't forget this is factory work in China we're talking about

Reactions: Bob Publicover
In the DJI customer note that went out they said they are working round the clock...

Copied from DroneLife.com printed Nov. 3rd
Dear DJI Customers,

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We’ve heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we’re sorry it’s taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven’t kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible

many of the pre-orders will be multiple orders and many will get cancelled when the multiple order guys get one.. ether that or they will go on Ebay for a nice mark up.. :)

trog

No chance in hell they're only outputting 200 units a day -- not much chance it's less than 1000/day. It is likely less than 2000/day. If I were to pick a number out of my hat I'd guess they were outputting about 1500/day but in order to fullfill the orders in a timly manor they should be at least 5000/day and probably closer to 10,000/day. I anticipate they will sell more than a million in the next 400-500 days and as with most products the vast majority will sell in the first 125 days.

Assuming a production cycle of 500 days before the Matrix Pro 2 comes out and a total worldwide sales volume of 1.25M the average daily output for a 7 day a week production schedule would be 2500/day but, again, the bulk of the sales will tend to come in the first quarter of that period so they should be producing closer to 10,000/day.

They need to be running at peak output right now and over time they can scale back to meet the lower demand past the first few months. It does not look like they have reached the peak levels they should have. If they are actually producing around my guesstimate of 1500/day they would be by my estimation only doing about 20% of what they should be doing.

Brian

This is absolutely rubbish! To compare a Nissan factory I live not for from in Sunderland, U.K. outputs 1000+ vehicles per day. Now I'm not an expert but a building a car is far more complex than a drone.

Obviously it totally depends on how many people they have working for them.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well let me add another view......

The numbers are very speculative and DJI do seem to be very secretive with many things like numbers. Now I've worked in electronics manufacturing all my life and I've been to a number of factories in Shenzhen to inspect them and one thing I do know that DJI is on the high end of the manufacturing scale.

So it's not impossible they are set up for only 200 a shift, it could be 10,000 but nobody knows any numbers but what they are set up for will be based on what they forecasted.....what we don't know for sure did they push early because of Karma and/or have they truly underestimate demand?.....I'll be the first to admit it was emails about the Karma that got me looking at Mavic!

One thing I do know, it may take time to get more productions lines up to speed and quality but they are incredibly resourceful and dynamic in that part or China and everyone always builds their factories with extra space hoping for a product success like this!

Look DJI production issues is not about manpower as they have 5000+ employees, there is also the supply chain that was caught off guard, that is a very likely choke point.

It has been reported that Best Buy alone has exceeded 5000 sold... Keep in mind this was a GLOBAL LAUNCH. The sold amount is easy mid to high 5 figures.

Well let me add another view......

The numbers are very speculative and DJI do seem to be very secretive with many things like numbers. Now I've worked in electronics manufacturing all my life and I've been to a number of factories in Shenzhen to inspect them and one thing I do know that DJI is on the high end of the manufacturing scale.

So it's not impossible they are set up for only 200 a shift, it could be 10,000 but nobody knows any numbers but what they are set up for will be based on what they forecasted.....what we don't know for sure did they push early because of Karma and/or have they truly underestimate demand?.....I'll be the first to admit it was emails about the Karma that got me looking at Mavic!

One thing I do know, it may take time to get more productions lines up to speed and quality but they are incredibly resourceful and dynamic in that part or China and everyone always builds their factories with extra space hoping for a product success like this!

I'd agree the Karma has probably impacted when DJI were planning on releasing the Mavic. I imagine they would of wanted to release it at the same time as the Inspire 2, Phantom 4 Pro, rumoured for the 15th. Then they would of had time to introduce the correct production line training ect.

Although working out the maths based on the factory working 24h (which they probably do) 200 per day is 8.33 Mavic's per hour. For any global company this is very poor. Could imagine it would be close to 200 in the first day or so but not now.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So are we still thinking they are making more than 200 drones per day ????? looks like the mavic release is not speeding up at all ....

I've been following the Mavic order Google form here for 2 weeks:
DJI Mavic Shipping Data

And assuming nearly 2000 participants there represent a fraction of the total order, DJI barely ships ~10% of the total orders so far. The number is creeping up, but at an unbelievably slow rate (~0.2% per day)

If the DJI factory is having production delays, trouble or is limited, then why introduce two (2) new items, P4P and Inspire 2, to an already overloaded work load? This doesn't make sense.....

Reactions: Parman
If the DJI factory is having production delays, trouble or is limited, then why introduce two (2) new items, P4P and Inspire 2, to an already overloaded work load? This doesn't make sense.....

I think the claim is these are on different production lines ....

THey probably never planned on releasing the mavic this soon. I'm thinking they were planning on doing the p4p, I2, then the Mavic. But with talks of gopro's portable drone coming out, they probably released the Mavic ahead of schedule. That's why I get the feeling that the p4p and I2 were better planned and wont encounter the shortages we see with the Mavics (or it won't be as bad).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji