DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't think it was me, but MP went up and right into a tree

StinkiePants

Reactions
I was playing with MP over a stream, then I flew it up a small hill (20') about 50 feet away, when all of a sudden it went to the right and up. It only took a second or two before it was hanging in a tree. I tried to make it go down and left, but unable. I have quite a bit of experience with MP, but maybe it was me? I had a fly away a year or two ago that I was able to recover from. And luckily there does not appear to be any damage, but I'm a little worried about flying it until I get an understanding of what happened. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Following are links to log files (I hope)
Link to dat file: Connecting...
Link to txt file Connecting...

I was playing with MP over a stream, then I flew it up a small hill (20') about 50 feet away, when all of a sudden it went to the right and up. It only took a second or two before it was hanging in a tree. I tried to make it go down and left, but unable. ... And luckily there does not appear to be any damage, but I'm a little worried about flying it until I get an understanding of what happened
Here's what the flight data looks like:

From 9:43 you flew around at about -22ft
At 12:13.1 the drone started to rise, reaching -6ft at 12:17.5.
The increase in altitude coincides with you pushing the left stick part-way up from 12:12.3 to 12:17.5, at the same time as flying slowly forward.

It looks like the drone bumped into vegetation around 12:18.2 in a low speed collision and you tried pulling the left stick down and to the left.
The Mavic rotated a little but its altitude stayed stable at around -5.5 ft.

There are no unexplained movements of the drone, with all movements corresponding to your joystick inputs.
I see no reason to be concerned about flying it again.
But watch out for trees.

Here's what the flight data looks like:

From 9:43 you flew around at about -22ft
At 12:13.1 the drone started to rise, reaching -6ft at 12:17.5.
The increase in altitude coincides with you pushing the left stick part-way up from 12:12.3 to 12:17.5, at the same time as flying slowly forward.

It looks like the drone bumped into vegetation around 12:18.2 in a low speed collision and you tried pulling the left stick down and to the left.
The Mavic rotated a little but its altitude stayed stable at around -5.5 ft.

There are no unexplained movements of the drone, with all movements corresponding to your joystick inputs.
I see no reason to be concerned about flying it again.
But watch out for trees.
Thanks for taking the time Meta4!

Reactions: rickfmdj and Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98