DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dot Matrix leds on left side of Goggles 2

3rdof5

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Greetings Pilots,
Does anyone know the purpose and function (and the reason it's even there) of the external led dot matrix on the Googles 2?

Found this...

Reactions: 3rdof5
Thank you!
So they indicate what channel you're on.
I'm not sure I understand why that info needs a dedicated led display on the outside of the unit where you can't see it.
Unless its a required function so a visual observer can monitor it? Typically to fly legally (VLOS) you need to have a visual observer anyway.

Reactions: MA2 317
Thank you!
So they indicate what channel you're on.
I'm not sure I understand why that info needs a dedicated led display on the outside of the unit where you can't see it.
Unless its a required function so a visual observer can monitor it? Typically to fly legally (VLOS) you need to have a visual observer anyway.
It is so multiple FPV drones can fly at the same time and have minimal interference, by showing your channel it helps prevent anyone from being on the same channel as you (bad) I don't recall how many channels the goggles/downlink had.

Reactions: 3rdof5
It is so multiple FPV drones can fly at the same time and have minimal interference, by showing your channel it helps prevent anyone from being on the same channel as you (bad) I don't recall how many channels the goggles/downlink had.
Hence the ability to manually change channels using the display. Does anyone know what the patterns actually mean? Is there only 5 channels?

Hence the ability to manually change channels using the display. Does anyone know what the patterns actually mean? Is there only 5 channels?
Yes, I recall seeing somewhere there are not that many channels and yes you can change them. Probably in the online manual :)

Yes, I recall seeing somewhere there are not that many channels and yes you can change them. Probably in the online manual :)
I have the online manual printed out (for all my equipment).
The manual specifies that the led dot matrix is there but thats it. No other info on its function or what the patterns mean.
It does specify how to change the channel but it does not reference the dot matrix display at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo