DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Down sizing and up grading!

cheddar-man

Reactions
And here it is!
Sold my faithful old P3A last week and seriously thought of buying a Mini 2. I then looked at the Mini SE, did a comparison and decided that I just couldn't justify the cost of the Mini2 when I was perfectly happy with the video and images from the P3A.

I'm sure the MiniSE will meet my needs😎😎

Attachments

• IMG_9466.jpg
    IMG_9466.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
@cheddar-man the best thing about your new drone is its ease of transport compared to the Phantom
i am sure you will be aware that the fly App that the drone uses is quite a bit different in its layout and also that it needs a 64 bit operating system in the device for it to work ,it is a lot more power hungry with regards to processor use than the old GO 4 App so make sure you only have Apps needed for flying enabled, if you use a device thats just for your drone flying

Cheers OMM. I'm trying to get hold of an Apple iPad mini 4 as that is one of the recommended devices but they are quite expensive.
I have my iPhone 12mini but rather small for my old eyes so looking for between 6" - 8" screen, CHEAP!

Reactions: old man mavic
he old GO 4 App so make sure you only have Apps needed for flying enabled
That's an interesting point, I think I have seen that iPhone's don't really close an app down when they (the app's) are 'closed' in the normal way. I also think I have seen that some iPhones are issuing 'processor maxed out' warnings.
I wonder if you have hit on one possible cause? e.g. if installed, GO and or Go4 running in the background.

I mainly use Android and I believe closing Go and or Go4 an those does indeed close them, I have them installed on my Fly App using phone and so far I do not think I have had and overload problem

@PhiliusFoggg i have the GO4 App the FLY App and the HUBSAN APP on my I Pad and as far as i am aware only one of them is being used depending on which drone i am flying
last year i had to upgrade my original I Pad to a newer model with a better processor in it because as the fly app became more demanding of the system ,i would get messages telling me that the processor was maxing out due to the demands of the fly App and on a couple of occasions the I Pad shut down when this happened,but this didnt happen if i was flying my MPP with the GO4 App, and after upgrading my I Pad i have not had any more issues

Do I have to register the new purchase to activate the drone or warranty??

Oh, can I fly the drone (visually) without having a "device" attached to the RC, as I could the P3A?

Last edited:
When the Mini2 is a great drone, Check the Mavic Air 2, used that are plenty on the market and is a much better drone for the same price or cheaper.

When the Mini2 is a great drone, Check the Mavic Air 2, used that are plenty on the market and is a much better drone for the same price or cheaper.
The Air two is over the 250g limit and I believe there are tighter restrictions coming in the UK shortly?

Any way, I think I'll like this cute little thing 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_9469.jpg
    IMG_9469.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
The Air two is over the 250g limit and I believe there are tighter restrictions coming in the UK shortly?

Any way, I think I'll like this cute little thing 🤣🤣🤣
If I am not wrong. That is DJI Mini 2 with a Mavic Mini controller? The blades look like the DJI Mini2 blades.

@cheddar-man yes you will need to activate the drone to your DJI account ,use the same Email address and then you will be able to fly it
do this after you have installed the Fly App on your device ,have everything charged up and then the screen will guide you through the process
of course if you didnt want to use the same E mail address then you just use a different one and that is the one that will be linked to the Mini SE when you first register

I have charged everything up, put my iPhone 12 Mini in the RC and turned everything on. It went through an "activation" sequence so presumably that has gone onto DJI as it required an internet connection.
Now need to wait until tomorrow to give it a fly😁

Reactions: old man mavic
after you had activated it did it say anything about firmware updates presumably you have the latest App installed from the APP store version 1.5.4,

Just installed the App but no idea what version is?
I do see a note "New DJI Mini SE firmware available 36.5MB" with a "download" button.
Presumably everything has to be connected an "ON" to carry out the update?

After all the hassle of updating thew P3A, which invariably had "issues" after even update, I am somewhat reluctant to update the SE. Is it safe and straight forward???

@cheddar-man, Welcome over to MavicPilots. Although I have been here for awhile, I still don't have a Mavic yet unless my Spark counts!

Anyway, I think you made an excellent choice in the MiniSE. So many people think they have to have the latest and the greatest and end up buying more than what they ever need or use. It's the same with computers, cameras, etc.

If you don't plan on shooting RAW photos, shooting video in 4K, flying illegally beyond VLOS, don't need automated functions like Pano, and want to keep the weight below 250g then the MiniSE should be fine.

Chris

Thanks Chris, must admit it is rather a "cute" little thing after lugging the P3A around. Hopefully another clear day tomorrow to have a play😎
Just done the update and no issues there as far as I can see. Much easier than the P3A. Any update to the Phantoms was always a lottery whether the thing would work afterwards!!
Now won during whether to invest in a slightly bigger screen to fly with.🤔🤔

Thanks Chris, must admit it is rather a "cute" little thing after lugging the P3A around. Hopefully another clear day tomorrow to have a play😎
Just done the update and no issues there as far as I can see. Much easier than the P3A. Any update to the Phantoms was always a lottery whether the thing would work afterwards!!
Now won during whether to invest in a slightly bigger screen to fly with.🤔🤔
I was considering a MiniSE to replace my Spark but I figure I'll keep flying my Spark until my batteries die or I crash it. Replacement batteries are no longer cost effective as they cost more than double what they used to cost new. I had the little guy out yesterday in -16ºC and it performed like a champ.

Chris

Just bought a Care Refresh plan, seemed a good idea for a new drone! Anybody else got this for piece of mind?
I had the refresh plan for my Spark and extended it with Refesh plus the second year. Never ever used it but I still consider it worth it. Like you said, it’s piece of mind. You never know when you might need it and with the Mini it’s cheap.

Chris

Reactions: Lob's Falcon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike