DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Down the rabbit hole...

Sooty Monkey

Reactions
Hello, I took the plunge and purchased a used Mavic 2 Zoom. It's my first drone and so far I am loving learning how to fly. Hopefully, in the near future, I will have some interesting videos to share of the many amazing kite surfers here in Perth. Feel free to share any advice, wisdom, suggestions, etc. I fully embrace the quote, "A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from others' mistakes." YouTube is full of other people's mistakes.
Cheers
SM

Welcome to Wonderland!
Advice? Learn the rules of flying, laws in your areas and PRACTICE regularly. Find projects to do with your drone to keep your interest. Minimize risk but know that at some point you WILL crash your drone no matter how careful you are. So buy insurance whether it be DJI Care/Refresh and or another insurance policy.

One more thing... While this is my own shtick, I always fly with strobes attached, even in the daylight. Keeping the drone in sight (VLOS) is difficult once it is a few hundred feet away. The strobes give you a fighting chance of keeping your eye on your drone and reacquiring sight of it should you take your eyes off of it for even a second.

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Wonderland!
Advice? Learn the rules of flying, laws in your areas and PRACTICE regularly. Find projects to do with your drone to keep your interest. Minimize risk but know that at some point you WILL crash your drone no matter how careful you are. So buy insurance whether it be DJI Care/Refresh and or another insurance policy.

One more thing... While this is my own shtick, I always fly with strobes attached, even in the daylight. Keeping the drone in sight (VLOS) is difficult once it is a few hundred feet away. The strobes give you a fighting chance of keeping your eye on your drone and reacquiring sight of it should you take your eyes off of it for even a second.

Good luck.
I know this comment will not set well with many , but I sometimes think that flying with my strobe on will just draw more attention to the drone and to my practice of stealth flying. Still, I do turn on my strobe lights, but keep in the back of my mind that some angry nut case will see those lights and come after me.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
VLOS is very important, do what you feel is necessary to protect your investment. You don.t want to be one of those pilots, that say I lost my drone and don't understand why? Here is just one of one of 75 reasons how to lose your drone. Flying behind a building, terrain etc, losing signal and having RTH height too low to clear any obstacles in the RTH path. True accidents happen to the best pilot, a lot more accidents happen to new pilots that could have been prevented. Fly Safe.

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada