DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downlink unstable on latest DJIGo4 version (Android 7 + S7)

CuaC

Reactions
Hi,
I had flown perfectly on Friday, and noticed that the app got updated last Saturday morning (self updated by the phone) Sunday morning I went for a quick flight, found a place, set up everything and went airbone. On the air, as I always do, I verified maneuverability (up, down, forward, backwards, right, left and spin) Everything seemed normal so I headed forward into some fields. A few meters up and away and the downlink image (live view) got messy, with bars appearing and purple-ish sections of the image. There was a cell phone antenna nearby that I noted later so I decided to move away to another location: Same behavior. Tried with my backup USB cable: Same behavior too.

Feeling that something might be wrong with the app and that sometimes the updates go wrong I went home, uninstalled, cleaned up folders and reinstalled the app. I charged the batteries and headed out again to a new location: Same behavior.

It seems that the signal didn't drop: I was able to fly quite far without noticing any unresponsiveness. It also feels that the image was somehow properly getting to the phone too: The cached videos don't exhibit any kind of issue. In fact I have the impression that everything was fine when recording, but messy when not recording (I stopped filming to take pictures quite often)

Two things changed from my Friday flights:

-App was updated
-I was constantly getting wind warnings (it was really, really windy on Sunday)

Anybody else having issues with the downlink quality?

As said on the title:
Phone: Galaxy S7 (flying fine since the very first day)
Android 7.
APP: Latest version on the store.

Sounds like overexposure and focus threshold are turned on
Thanks but no, that's not the case. I do use the overexposure warning and sometimes the peak threshold, but that's not my issue. I was losing half of the image sometimes, getting it freezed, observing look-alike interferences. The video cache was fine though, so it must be something with the app.

Thanks but no, that's not the case. I do use the overexposure warning and sometimes the peak threshold, but that's not my issue. I was losing half of the image sometimes, getting it freezed, observing look-alike interferences. The video cache was fine though, so it must be something with the app.
It was just a thought because after one of the updates those were turned on and being a newbie especially back then I ran into those similar issues and thought I had a problem.

I am really disappointed with the Android app. The Mavic can be a really great machine but the app is flaky, one version works with some hardware then the next it is unflyable. I was happy a few versions ago, but now am not confident to fly at all. Waiting for another update to test. All I know is that next time I spend that much cash on a toy I will check if it is available on the apple store, and if it is, give it a miss. I was not worried by the No fly zones and am not complaining about that at all, It's the app getting green screen tears, being laggy and not being able to reconnect if the app is restarted that worries me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty