DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pic Download Help ??

GregE

Reactions
I took some medium altitude shots of the house to the MPP mini SD. Tried to view them and apparently I have to do so thru DJI Photo Gallery. I didn't format the SD- is that required? Each pic is 23K KB and is DNG.

This laptop HD is nearly full- Is there a work around to get these open for viewing / forwarding? If not where is the PG link? Just saw the application is DJI Assistant 21.2.5 Loading that- hope I have room ...........

Search didn't help

Last edited:
DJI assistant dl complete. Still can't open the SD photos. What am I missing?

Found some small pics on the IOS, can't do anything with them.
Found out the pics are RAW and I'm not set up to open or edit that. Hope I don't have to retake after changing the pic settings on the MPP- i''s susposed to rain thru Sat and I need to be able to copy the pic Friday

Thanks.
Downloaded the Darktable and selected JPEG on the controller. Looks like I have some sun for a while so I'll take some more pics. :)

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Just in case you're not aware a DNG file is a digital negative or raw file which is similar to a film negative in that it needs to be processed whereas a jpeg file is a processed image. There's usually a small jpeg file embedded in a raw file to help applications preview the image.

If you're not wanting to process the image yourself you can set the Mavic to output jpeg images instead.

Reactions: GregE
JPEG for now. RAW can wait until I get some flight experience ( and some honey do projects )

No more Beginner mode. Flew tucked up to trees to get a pic of deck and roof and the MPP held steady even with the breeze blowing toward the trees.

Pay no attention to the guy in green
DJI_0013.jpg

Flight paths. Large field soon, I hope

IMG_6453.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121