DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading and sharing videos

Normp

Reactions
My first post and probably not my last!
I'm a beginner. I've had my Mini-2 for a month and flown 5 times. (It's winter in Nova Scotia!)

I take 4k video and enjoy the rapid wireless download capability of the drone and the app, especially clipping the videos.

The download goes into my android Files/DJI folder. I want to share these videos with friends. Not interested in posting on-line. But I can't find a way to get it to my computer. The phone doesn't provide a link to email it like it does with all other photos and videos.

I can copy the videos to my desktop using a card reader but then have to edit the video. I researched this and found that the video editor VSDC can do this.

It seems that this is more complex than it should be, considering the great hardware and software in the drone.

What do you experts do to save a file or email it to someone?

Thanks a lot!

The videos produced by the Mini2 are very high quality 4K and are pretty large size files in order to send this over the email unless you edited the video decreasing the resolution in order to make it smaller than 20MB and you do not want this since will be a big loss of resolution.

You can share using Onedrive, Google Drive, and other services like that one if you don't want to upload to Youtube or Vimeo. Even with that, you still can share the video as Unpublished will make it share only if you provide the link to the person you want to share it. Nobody else can see it without the link.

As the @zeusfl suggested get the Google Drive and post the Links to the Video in your Google Drive to the email
Google Drive offers a free amount of Gigs and you an always get more added as needed its very reasonable and its a nice harmony with both iPhone and Android phones

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. > an Land on the Water.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I do not understand this fascination with sending video wirelessly from the drone to a phone, it wastes battery power for one thing and in the Mini 2 at least may well leave the Mini 2 sitting for quite a while powered up and getting hot.
I have had my Mini 2 and or Mavic Mini sat powered up for a while whilst messing with settings etc. and have noticed that the bottom plastic cover gets warm to the touch. I wouldn't mind betting that the heat sink inside the bottom cover is a fair bit hotter than the cover.

If you must transfer videos to the phone why not get a phone compatible card reader and pop the card in that and connect it to the phone. It won't waste drone battery charge and is probably quicker than a wireless transfer.

And yes I did try wireless down loading ONCE but I was unimpressed by the speed.

All the above answers are helpful.
But in my case, the phone doesn't give me the option to make a link to that video.
On my Pixel 6, a recent modern phone, they only go into Files/DJI folder.
Where do your videos go when you download them?
Perhaps this is a phone issue, not a drone issue.
If so, I apologize.

All the above answers are helpful.
But in my case, the phone doesn't give me the option to make a link to that video.
On my Pixel 6, a recent modern phone, they only go into Files/DJI folder.
Where do your videos go when you download them?
Perhaps this is a phone issue, not a drone issue.
If so, I apologize.
No the phone is not involved , the google drive gives you the link for others to view and download once you upload the video to the google drive.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain . Land on the Water.

Just get a USB to micro card reader and transfer to your desktop. So much faster than wireless, like 10x faster. Then from there you can edit, upload to social or transfer back to your phone if you want.

I do not understand this fascination with sending video wirelessly from the drone to a phone, it wastes battery power for one thing and in the Mini 2 at least may well leave the Mini 2 sitting for quite a while powered up and getting hot.
I have had my Mini 2 and or Mavic Mini sat powered up for a while whilst messing with settings etc. and have noticed that the bottom plastic cover gets warm to the touch. I wouldn't mind betting that the heat sink inside the bottom cover is a fair bit hotter than the cover.

If you must transfer videos to the phone why not get a phone compatible card reader and pop the card in that and connect it to the phone. It won't waste drone battery charge and is probably quicker than a wireless transfer.

And yes I did try wireless down loading ONCE but I was unimpressed by the speed.
When doing work with drone powered up I have a fan blowing in front of drone cooling so it's stays cool no problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett