DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading DJI Go 4 app to smartphone. App won't start because stuck on Unzipping resource file.

PhilBT

Reactions
I haven’t connected my Mavic Pro to the DJI Go 4 app on my Motorola Moto G4 smartphone, Android v7 with 1.2 GB of available storage space for several months. (Although I have flown using the same smartphone with the installed Litchi app).
When I connected up and started the DJI Go 4 app it immediately came up with a message saying “Unzipping resource file…” The progress bar moves to 67% over about 20 seconds and then stops at 67%. I have tried it numerous times and left it for 20 minutes and nothing happens.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app from Google Play with the same result.
If I try and close it down it says that the app cannot be opened without a resource file.
It’s the same phone I used regularly back a few months ago with the app.
So I’m stuck.
Can anyone suggest what I can do next so that I can complete the download of the resource file and make the app start up?

I haven’t connected my Mavic Pro to the DJI Go 4 app on my Motorola Moto G4 smartphone, Android v7 with 1.2 GB of available storage space for several months. (Although I have flown using the same smartphone with the installed Litchi app).
When I connected up and started the DJI Go 4 app it immediately came up with a message saying “Unzipping resource file…” The progress bar moves to 67% over about 20 seconds and then stops at 67%. I have tried it numerous times and left it for 20 minutes and nothing happens.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app from Google Play with the same result.
If I try and close it down it says that the app cannot be opened without a resource file.
It’s the same phone I used regularly back a few months ago with the app.
So I’m stuck.
Can anyone suggest what I can do next so that I can complete the download of the resource file and make the app start up?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Also, you may want to uninstall Litchi or make sure it doesn't have any auto run features. Maybe, disable it in settings temporarily?

Thanks Lon Denard, Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app from Google Play with the same result. I just tried to Force Stop Litchi and then restart the phone for good measure but unfortunately same problem.
I'm going to see if I can get my head round BDOG's suggestion. Many thanks to both of you.
BTW I also uninstalled Malwarebites in case that was blocking it.

Here is more detail. One can visit apkpure and search for DJIGO4. They will find a version of DJIGO4 that is in an .apk format which is an install-able file on android devices. One just downloads the file to thier Android Device and then there is either a pop up that asks if one wants to install the file or one searches it out in the download directory and clicks upon the .apk file to install it.

Head Wrapped? LOL

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000