DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading mavic pro black box data to imac

Reactions
Hi, I am having trouble downloading black box data from my mavic to my iMac (running the latest High Sierra OS) via DJI Assistant 2. The drone and controller are correctly connected to the computer and everything is connecting ok (I have had no trouble downloading firmware updates).

However when I click on Black box, the only option I get is 'save to local'. A tutorial video I've looked at suggests I should be seeing more options on screen in DJI Assistant 2 (such as a list of the individual flights recorded). I have created a recipient folder in Finder on my iMac and when I click on the 'Save to local' tab I just get a message 'export failed' .

I would like to get at this data so would be grateful for any advice on what I may be doing wrong here.

Thanks

Reactions: csevengo
Further to my last, I have since sussed downloading the black box data from the mavic to my iMac, however this leaves me with a .DAT file I can't seem to open. Can any one advise what I should do next. Thanks

this leaves me with a .DAT file I can't seem to open. Can any one advise what I should do next. Thanks
You can use DatCon to view the data in the DAT files. See more details here.

Hi, I am having trouble downloading black box data from my mavic to my iMac (running the latest High Sierra OS) via DJI Assistant 2. The drone and controller are correctly connected to the computer and everything is connecting ok (I have had no trouble downloading firmware updates).

However when I click on Black box, the only option I get is 'save to local'. A tutorial video I've looked at suggests I should be seeing more options on screen in DJI Assistant 2 (such as a list of the individual flights recorded). I have created a recipient folder in Finder on my iMac and when I click on the 'Save to local' tab I just get a message 'export failed' .

I would like to get at this data so would be grateful for any advice on what I may be doing wrong here.

Thanks
If the FW is 01.03.0900 or later then you need to use the Data Upload tab, not the Black Box tab and not the Flight Data tab. Take a look at the instructions here

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

This will ultimately produce a compressed file that contains the .DATs. That link also explains how to extract the .DATs from that compressed file.

Further to this thread, I'm using a Mac with Assistant 2 and the only results I get when selecting the Data Upload tab and getting past the popup statement is a spinning gear symbol. No files are displayed even after waiting a couple minutes. I would've thought that at least the list of files would populate on the screen fairly quickly. I'm on Assistant 2 v1.1.6 and Mavic f/w V01.04.0100. In fact, the only files I have access to are via the iPhone through iTunes. Nothing directly off the Mavic with Assistant 2 so far. Any thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom