DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading Pano Images from Mini 2

CJG

Reactions
Hi all,

I normally grab my images from the micro-sd card when importing them to my mac/Lightroom.

But I like to stitch the panoramas in-app (Lightroom struggles with the “wide-angle“ panorama, leaving a very curved horizon. Trial and error with HUGIN is required to get a decent result, and this takes ages….) and then save the stitched-image to the iPhone.

But this seems to result in multiple images (3 I think?) which is very confusing.

Can anyone tell me what is going on, and if it can be fixed?

Cheers! CG

You'll probably want to consider either PTGui or PanoramaStudio 3 Pro for best 360° pano stitching results. Both cost money, but are well worth it, if you enjoy 360° panos as much as I do! Each also has a standalone viewer on a desktop, and can create the necessary html code for making each 360° pano completely interactive on your own website. PS3P even has an interactive mapping capability, plotting the locations on google maps.

Reactions: CJG
You'll probably want to consider either PTGui or PanoramaStudio 3 Pro for best 360° pano stitching results. Both cost money, but are well worth it, if you enjoy 360° panos as much as I do! Each also has a standalone viewer on a desktop, and can create the necessary html code for making each 360° pano completely interactive on your own website. PS3P even has an interactive mapping capability, plotting the locations on google maps.
Thanks for this @GadgetGuy. Good advice.

I was really interested, though, in why I get multiple copies of the same image when saving a single panorama through the Fly app

Thanks for this @GadgetGuy. Good advice.

I was really interested, though, in why I get multiple copies of the same image when saving a single panorama through the Fly app
Can you clarify? I thought the multiple images were being created by HUGIN rather than the FLY app. As long as you have the 26 originals stored on the micro SDcard, you should be fine. Are you getting 3 copies of each of the originals? Are the 3 copies all identical in size?

Reactions: CJG
Can you clarify? I thought the multiple images were being created by HUGIN rather than the FLY app. As long as you have the 26 originals stored on the micro SDcard, you should be fine. Are you getting 3 copies of each of the originals? Are the 3 copies all identical in size?
The Multiple images were created by the FLY app.

I have the originals safe and sound - and will use them for RAW panoramas - but as mentioned, Lightroom struggles with the wide angle panos (hence the reference to HUGIN).

Yes: 3 copies of the original app-generated pano.

The 3 copies are almost - but not quite - identical in size (See attached, which also shows the different names) I have also attached the images themselves.

Good hunting!

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    143 KB · Views: 12
  • 9D46C9EA-CC24-488A-B008-C944E26DF352.jpeg
    9D46C9EA-CC24-488A-B008-C944E26DF352.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • CDAE86B5-DC8D-41F4-94B9-79640677EFD9.jpeg
    CDAE86B5-DC8D-41F4-94B9-79640677EFD9.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 0D0EEF8B-8A4F-4DF1-9A80-9F59752189EF.jpeg
    0D0EEF8B-8A4F-4DF1-9A80-9F59752189EF.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
The Multiple images were created by the FLY app.

I have the originals safe and sound - and will use them for RAW panoramas - but as mentioned, Lightroom struggles with the wide angle panos (hence the reference to HUGIN).

Yes: 3 copies of the original app-generated pano.

The 3 copies are almost - but not quite - identical in size (See attached, which also shows the different names) I have also attached the images themselves.

Good hunting!
My workflow was create stitched image, switch-off enhancement, save image.

So my working hypothesis is that the act of stitching automatically saves the original panorama and an in-app enhanced copy to the iPhone. And when I switch-off the enhancement and save the image, this creates a third copy. Just a theory!

What type of panorama are you creating? These are not 360° panos, as I had mistakenly originally thought. How many original images are you stitching from?

What type of panorama are you creating? These are not 360° panos, as I had mistakenly originally thought. How many original images are you stitching from?
The 9 image “Wide Angle” panorama

My workflow was create stitched image, switch-off enhancement, save image.

So my working hypothesis is that the act of stitching automatically saves the original panorama and an in-app enhanced copy to the iPhone. And when I switch-off the enhancement and save the image, this creates a third copy. Just a theory!
Makes as much sense to me as anything else. I never shoot Wide Angle panos and don't use the FLY app to stitch any panos, so I really can't help further. Extra copies created before applying changes are better than none. You always need a backup of the original, in case the stitch doesn't work out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242