DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading video to a PC

SierraGeezer

Reactions
Just got a Mavic Pro, and I'm a total beginner. I get that when I record video, it shows up on my linked smart phone where I can view it. I also get that the video remains on the SD card in the drone. But do I have to take the SD card out and plug it in to my laptop to view the video on the laptop and then delete it from the SD card, or can I just plug the cable with micro USB on one end into the drone and the USB end into the computer? I tried that with the drone powered off, and it didn't work. (My Nikon camera has to be turned off before I download photos from it onto my laptop, so I assumed it would be the same for the drone.) Must the drone be powered on in order for the download from drone to PC work?

Yes, has to be on. Will be WAY slower than taking the card out and putting it in a fast reader.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Thanks Kilrah. I thought it would be easier than taking the card out each time. I prefer videos on my computer rather than on smartphone.

What's on the samrtphone is only a low quality preview anyway. Real footage is on the card.

I remove the card from the aircraft and plug it into my PC.

My new tower has a reader for a range of cards including the mini SD cards so i can plug it straight in. After downloading and reviewing the video i format the card in the computer.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Thanks Bushie. I was trying to avoid removing the card from the aircraft, thinking that it would be easier to just plug a cable into the PC and into the micro USB slot on the aircrarft. (It's very easy on my Nikon camera and is done with the camera power off.) Today I tried just removing the SD card, and it seemed that that might be less trouble than having to have the power on the aircraft while having a cable connection from PC to aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123