DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

downsizing from 4k to 1080p upload? why?

FlyLikeMarv

Reactions
I don't seem to understand why some people record at 4k then export them into 1080p to be uploaded to yt or other video sites. Does down-scaling result into better quality and faster upload cause of the file side difference with how large 4k size may be after export?

I usually shoot at 4k with 30fps, then during edit, I export with matching source, I do get good results.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
If your going to upload after editing to YT you might as well shoot in 2.7k, edit and upload in 1080

hmm I don't really see the difference to be honest, care to share why I should use 2.7k?. I might try out different video size to see what best fits me. fps rate personally is important to me since I like to add slow-mo effects on my clips to add dramatic shots. I edit for cinematic videos. I just uploaded a 4k on yt, seems okay to me.

hmm I don't really see the difference to be honest, care to share why I should use 2.7k?. I might try out different video size to see what best fits me. fps rate personally is important to me since I like to add slow-mo effects on my clips to add dramatic shots. I edit for cinematic videos. I just uploaded a 4k on yt, seems okay to me.

I think you have answered your own question, did you actually check what YT did with your video after you uploaded it?

While you may have uploaded your video in 4k, YouTube has downsized it to 1440p maximum playback resolution, that's just 1920x1440, far short of your argument for using 4K.

I think you have answered your own question, did you actually check what YT did with your video after you uploaded it?

While you may have uploaded your video in 4k, YouTube has downsized it to 1440p maximum playback resolution, that's just 1920x1440, far short of your argument for using 4K.
There's a 4K now - it might have been processing. Not many people have fast enough connection to view at 4K without buffering, most can manage 1080p though.
Even on a large TV 1080p will look fine unless you sit at arms length from it.
If you have more serious editing software you can downsize to 1080p and set a higher bitrate than yt default, which might make some scenes look better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser