DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downstream video interference in strong winds?

Eilon

Reactions
Hey everyone,

Yesterday I took my Mavic to fly above a beach nearby. I made several shots and the it handled the wind pretty well. (not sure what was the speed exactly, but I got the strong winds warning)

Then, the wind got noticeably stronger and even though the drone was pretty close, the downstream video started freezing mid-flight every 1-2 seconds until the picture updated. I landed it, walked about 100ft away and tried to fly it again, but the video downstream stayed the same.

Other than the wind, I didn't notice any change and everything worked well at the same location just minutes before, so I couldn't understand why would this happen. Also, the drone was still responsive, and apart from it somewhat struggling in the wind, I didn't have any problem landing it. Any ideas?

This is the signal log for the second part of the flight:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Thanks!!

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I took my Mavic to fly above a beach nearby. I made several shots and the it handled the wind pretty well. (not sure what was the speed exactly, but I got the strong winds warning)

Then, the wind got noticeably stronger and even though the drone was pretty close, the downstream video started freezing mid-flight every 1-2 seconds until the picture updated. I landed it, walked about 100ft away and tried to fly it again, but the video downstream stayed the same.

Other than the wind, I didn't notice any change and everything worked well at the same location just minutes before, so I couldn't understand why would this happen. Also, the drone was still responsive, and apart from it somewhat struggling in the wind, I didn't have any problem landing it. Any ideas?

This is the signal log for the second part of the flight:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Thanks!!
Interesting, where you really flying at that altitude? Seems a bit low to me.
We're there any obstructions within your flight path? Low altitude can possibly hinder transmission. Especially if there are obstructions.

Seems correct, when I moved I climbed to a higher spot and I wanted to take a shot of someone standing a little lower, so I didn't have to take it to a higher altitude. It was near the end of a cliff, no trees, just low vegetation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S