DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Downtown Portland, Bridges, and the Willamette River

Last edited:
It's such a beautiful city- captured beautifully by your camera. Nice work.

Too bad it has such terrible problems. I thought it has already been all burned down already.
Thanks, Dale. Yes, unfortunately, the ground view of downtown Portland is quite different from the aerial views. Very sad to see our beautiful city in such sad shape, and the prospects do not look good for a comeback. Looking forward to your next production - always enjoy them!

Thanks, Dale. Yes, unfortunately, the ground view of downtown Portland is quite different from the aerial views. Very sad to see our beautiful city in such sad shape, and the prospects do not look good for a comeback. Looking forward to your next production - always enjoy them!
My next production is at least 2 weeks off! Next week we leave hot, muggy Miami for cold, rainy Maine. We are spending a week between Kennebunkport (3 days) and Bar Harbor (4 days) including Acadia National Park on a car trip, with anticipation of eating a ton of lobster. I am schlepping two large checked bags of equipment, including 2 tripods, 2 bodies, 3 lenses, Mavic 2 Pro, and accessories, plus Mac Pro. Do not intend to edit there, just download assets to bring home for editing next show. Also bringing Osmos (Action camera, Mobile, and Pocket) .

Planning timelapses, drone flights but not over the national park. Will try to get some shore scapes and lighthouses, etc. Also, some astrophotography, although cloudy conditions are forecast. I have planned to be there for the new moon (dark skies).

Acadia - one of our favorite places, especially in the fall. You're in for a good time! It may already be on your itinerary, but if not and you have time, Asticou Gardens just outside of Acadia in Northeast Harbor is fabulous. Or, at least it was when we were there in the fall of 2018.

Enjoy your trip, Dale!
Asticou Gardens 4831_edited-1.jpg

Acadia - one of our favorite places, especially in the fall. You're in for a good time! It may already be on your itinerary, but if not and you have time, Asticou Gardens just outside of Acadia in Northeast Harbor is fabulous. Or, at least it was when we were there in the fall of 2018.

Enjoy your trip, Dale!
View attachment 128347
Thanks Gary. The weather forecast is not good. I Planned this trip in October, 2020 in the depths of the pandemic because I just had to get out of town. Forecast for next week is 5 of 7 days are cloudy or rain . Still planning on 3 days Kennebunkport, 4 days Bar Harbor and Acadia Park. No droning in the park but will try along the shoreline of Bar Harbor. lobster boats in the harbor, lighthouses, timelapses of sunrises and sunsets if possible, doing along. the shore fronts of the some classical Maine towns, etc. I planned also for new moon May 11th for Milky Way but it may just be too cold and cloudy. As far as getting colors like yours, no way. Your shots are gorgeous. I also like to do slow water with 10 stop ND Lee filter. (check out their web site. www.Leefilter.com). The attachment is from the web site. Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.35.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.35.12 PM.png

Thanks for the info on the Lee filters, Dale - I'll check them out. Here's hoping the weather improves/cooperates for you next week!

Thanks for the info on the Lee filters, Dale - I'll check them out. Here's hoping the weather improves/cooperates for you next week!
You are welcome. You should really look at the Lee Filter website tuitional videos. Their products are wonderful but very expensive. I think they are made and imported from England. I am getting really old (will be 83 September) and my international travels are slowing down so this trip to Maine will probably be the last time I drag them along. I am not bringing them to African for September Safari. In particular, I purchased the 150 mm adapter for the Nikkor 14-24 mm f/2.8 lens which has such a fisheye front that no filter can be screwed into the front of the lens, and thus, needs a very expensive adapter. I will be selling most of them on e-bay within the year. I also have the regular 100mm filters and adapters, such as the soft and hard grads (for bright skies and dark foregrounds)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123