DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downward Sensor Error

Reactions
I did a pretty good job of crashing the Mini. after the crash it failed to power on and I replaced the main board. I am able to power on, but still have a downward sensor error that cannot be cleared to take off. Additional details:

-Gimbal was completely dislodged from MM. Installed new gimbal shock mounts and ribbon cable.
-Replaced main board and updated firmware
-Still have gimbal issues
-IMU and compass calibrated normally
-GPS functions normally.

Any ideas?

So the camera works by the gimbal is faulty ?
The vision sensors aren't covered by any protective film ?

What are the error codes ?

I'd probably take the gimbal apart to check that no parts are binding

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl
Nice video!!

So the camera works by the gimbal is faulty ?
The vision sensors aren't covered by any protective film ?

What are the error codes ?

I'd probably take the gimbal apart to check that no parts are binding

Thanks for the reply!

Until today, I have not been able to power the MM. After changing the main board, I was able to power on - no camera feed and the gimbal is malfunctioning (only moving in certain directions and will not recenter past 10%). Laundry list of errors:

10001 - Camera Malfunction
30226 - Takeoff failed
180016 - Downward vision sensor error
180031 - Vision Sensor Error
180030 - Vision Sensor Error
40021 - Gimbal IMU data error
10016 - Camera not calibrated

From scouring posts here and other websites, I suspect that changing the main board requires a DJI authorized repair center to recode the main board to interface with the gimbal. However, the main board controls the downward vision sensor. If a new main board is installed, shouldn't it have cleared that code? I need to replace the gimbal motors (on the way) and camera feed cable, but it would still need to be serviced by DJI to interact with the main board/IMU. I've sent them an email inquiring whether they will perform repairs on the MM I worked on. No reply yet.

Thanks for the reply!

Until today, I have not been able to power the MM. After changing the main board, I was able to power on - no camera feed and the gimbal is malfunctioning (only moving in certain directions and will not recenter past 10%). Laundry list of errors:

30226 - Takeoff failed

From scouring posts here and other websites, I suspect that changing the main board requires a DJI authorized repair center to recode the main board to interface with the gimbal. However, the main board controls the downward vision sensor. If a new main board is installed, shouldn't it have cleared that code? I need to replace the gimbal motors (on the way) and camera feed cable, but it would still need to be serviced by DJI to interact with the main board/IMU. I've sent them an email inquiring whether they will perform repairs on the MM I worked on. No reply yet.

That is a large number of errors to solve, here are explanations of the error codes

Do you have DJI care refresh ?
Was the crash your fault or can you potentially claim a warranty replacement ?

Last edited:
No care refresh, and definitely my fault on the crash. I have another MM and it is up and running, so I may shelve this one until I can figure out how to pair the two boards. Lesson learned - I'll get the care refresh on the next one for sure.

No care refresh, and definitely my fault on the crash. I have another MM and it is up and running, so I may shelve this one until I can figure out how to pair the two boards. Lesson learned - I'll get the care refresh on the next one for sure.

This video might be of interest

also this thread

Thanks for the reply!

30226 - Takeoff failed

Definitely your camera cable has broken. If you change new cable, it will solve all camera and vision related issue. What happend to old mainboard till you decide to change with new mainboard? Do you have micro soldering experience?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada