DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downward Sensor Errors

LeafPeeper

Reactions
Hi folks -
Need some guidance. Yesterday upon flying my 'backup' Mavic Pro 1 I got a downward sensor error midway through the flight. I brought it back (landing was a little trickier) rebooted everything and flew again. Halfway through, another error. I rebooted and did two more short flights where I just put it up and let it sit, and got no error.

Since I haven't flown this particular Mavic in a very long time, I decided to restore it to factory defaults, refresh the firmware (same version it had), removed the app from my phone, deleted all the DJI directories and reset it up from scratch. I also recalibrated all the sensors, IMU and gimbal. I didn't bother with the compass since it showed very little interference prior to takeoff. Same error. Two flights.

Any ideas on what might be causing it or what I can do to fix it? The bird is a little over a year old, so I'm assuming no warranty - but I'd like it fixed. It is strange because it didn't have this problem when I put it into storage about a year ago. Batteries are fine because I've been flying another Mavic Pro 1.

I can upload logs if they are worth looking at. I also have all the data on airdata. Here's the shortest flight where it happened.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated!
LP

Hi, i have the same problem with you, do you have a solution for this issue? Thanks before

Yes - in my case I'm convinced it was my landing gear interfering with the ultrasonics. I did a bunch of experimentation with and without landing gear, and with various other landing gear, and the ONLY time it happened was with one particular set. It was reliable and repeatable. I switched them out and haven't seen an error since. No idea why because even a replacement for the same set doesn't give me errors.

LP

My mavic pro also use landing gear, pgytech...ok, maybe it distrubs the sensor...thx for your info

These are the ones that caused my issue: PGYTECH Landing Gear Extensions For Mavic Pro

Strangely enough, I had a spare set of the SAME gear, and they didn't cause the error. I also have another Mavic Pro that worked just fine with the 'bad' set. My thoughts are that it has to do with process variation/sensitivity in the Mavic and gear mfg process - because the error was completely reproducible on my first Mavic with the bad set.

LP

Reactions: Satrya
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000