DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downward Sensors Zoom V Pro 1

mel.m

Reactions
I fly both aircraft and do alot of low altitude flying. The Pro1 seems to pick up the surface as soon as its under 10 mtr at up to 30 kph and never need calibrating. The Zoom on the other hand is totaly different. You virtually need to stop and lower it to 3,4 mtr befor it gets its altitude. The other thing being the zoom asks to be calibrated every 2,3 months the mp1 never.
Why did DJI change from ultrasonic downward sensors to infared sensors in its second gen mavic. Mabe its my zooms sensors. Just wanted to know if any one else with both drones had noticed this.

Thanks

I don’t have the mp1 to compare, but do own the phantom 4 pro, spark, and the mavic 2 zoom.
The zoom seems to need or request calibration MUCH more frequently than my other drones.
At least as frequent as you mentioned.

Thanks for the feed back I fly over water most of the time and find the mp1 to be alot more reliable as far as altitude is concerned under 10 mtr.
I don’t have the mp1 to compare, but do own the phantom 4 pro, spark, and the mavic 2 zoom.
The zoom seems to need or request calibration MUCH more frequently than my other drones.
At least as frequent as you mentioned.

im flying a mavic pro and doing up to ten flights a day and was thinking i would like a zoom so i could get a little higher up and still see what is on the ground would you fellows have any thoughts on this ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest