DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dr.Singer v. City of Newton-(Case Declaring Local Drone Law Illegal)

TheoMatthias

Reactions
From the Rupprecht Law Website (Drone Attorney and Legal Assistance -):

"The City of Newton, Massachusetts passed a drone ordinance on December 19, 2016. The ordinance requires all drones to be registered, bans drones below 400ft above ground level without property owner permission, and prohibits flights beyond the visual line of sight of the operator.

Dr. Michael Singer, a medical doctor and professor at Harvard, filed suit in the federal district court of Massachusetts. On September 21, 2017, the court ruled that four provisions of the local ordinance were conflict preempted."

Read about the details HERE

Theo

it establishes precedent in that district.

That being said I think much of Newton , which is a heavily populated yuppie suburb of Boston is going to be a no fly zone due to its proximity to Boston's Logan International Airport.

Looks like the Class Bravo airspace floor is at 2000-3000-ft above most of Newton so sUAS operations (400-ft and below) would be possible.

Theo

Reactions: jackdaws
it establishes precedent in that district.

That being said I think much of Newton , which is a heavily populated yuppie suburb of Boston is going to be a no fly zone due to its proximity to Boston's Logan International Airport.

Newton, Natick, Caimbridge, Sommerville. 4 towns I avoid at all costs. And I’m not talking about flying drones. I believe newton just started some joke ordinance saying you can’t use leaf blowers to clean yards anymore. That’s says enough right there.

From the Rupprecht Law Website (Drone Attorney and Legal Assistance -):

"The City of Newton, Massachusetts passed a drone ordinance on December 19, 2016. The ordinance requires all drones to be registered, bans drones below 400ft above ground level without property owner permission, and prohibits flights beyond the visual line of sight of the operator.

Dr. Michael Singer, a medical doctor and professor at Harvard, filed suit in the federal district court of Massachusetts. On September 21, 2017, the court ruled that four provisions of the local ordinance were conflict preempted."

Read about the details HERE

Theo

Dr. " M.singer"............ anyone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3