DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Dragon Skies : by Phantomrain.org Never seen skies like this on the lake:

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The First Time ever I spent the Entire battery on the Smart controller flying every drone I had to capture something that just rarely happens on the lake front.

The Clouds were surrounding the lake and creating a wall down the lake side than the wind blew the Sun set , the Rain poured and the clouds imploded and refracted a purple blue dragon that changed it shape every few minutes with the wind as the clouds cycled,

Took about 20 Large Wall size Panos on each drone , with super size pics on the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Some of the Pictures did get Rain Drops on the lens as the Panos took some time. but I was hoping to capture the Lightning in the Pano that is why I took so many of them.

Below is a single Frame from the AIR 2S video even that was stunning . The colors were obscene , it went from dark gray skies to this purple glow when that sun hit and the clouds started to cycle in place, Keep in mind this exactly how I captured the last tornado that formed 2 years ago over the lake.

no editing.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2 /S in the Rain and Capture the Storm.

If you have a Wide Screen you are in for a treat. :p

screenshot_347.png

I was trying to show how far the color scope went down the lake.

So this was the pull back shot : Just insane color and detail the AIR 2S stronger gimbal helps keep those panos in line and Level in the wind.

screenshot_349.png

The lake had the Dragon festival of purple lights going on but over my head not so much just sheets of rain that would start and quit.

screenshot_350.png

Just moments before the sky Went Purple and the Dragon festival began in the clouds.

screenshot_352.png

Last edited:
The First Time ever I spent the Entire battery on the Smart controller flying every drone I had to capture something that just rarely happens on the lake front.

The Clouds were surrounding the lake and creating a wall down the lake side than the wind blew the Sun set , the Rain poured and the clouds imploded and refracted a purple blue dragon that changed it shape every few minutes with the wind as the clouds cycled,

Took about 20 Large Wall size Panos on each drone , with super size pics on the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Some of the Pictures did get Rain Drops on the lens as the Panos took some time. but I was hoping to capture the Lightning in the Pano that is why I took so many of them.

Below is a single Frame from the AIR 2S video even that was stunning . The colors were obscene , it went from dark gray skies to this purple glow when that sun hit and the clouds started to cycle in place, Keep in mind this exactly how I captured the last tornado that formed 2 years ago over the lake.

no editing.

Phantomrain.org

View attachment 130984

So this was the pull back shot : Just insane color and detail the AIR 2S stronger gimbal helps keep those panos in line and Level in the wind.

View attachment 130985

The lake had the Dragon festival of purple lights going on but over my head not so much just sheets of rain that would start and quit.

View attachment 130986

Just moments before the sky Went Purple and the Dragon festival began in the clouds.

View attachment 130987
Love Lake Erie.
Great pics

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org

no editing.

Phantomrain.org

View attachment 130984

View attachment 130985

View attachment 130986

View attachment 130987
ALL very beautiful shots, and expertly processed.

Dale

Greetings! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
screenshot_368.png

Out 2000 ft about 60 ft alt. I like to try to get the Clean lower image and being able to drop down in alt helps me with that but you need the confidence in your signal to do that. Worked beautifully.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Pretty amazing! Colors are great!

So those Purple colors come from :

The magical purple color from hurricanes and typhoons can form when the air is super-saturated with moisture and the storm clouds (and often the sun as well) hang low in the sky.

I am noticing the Clouds are getting lower on the Lake tonight , here is another example:
Were heading towards are Tornado season,

screenshot_365.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and land on the Water.

Yes I will post the video in this thread, Its a lot of video and I just need a few minutes of it to showcase the Sky that night.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Pouring Rain.

Captured this beauty Last night at 1: 30 am some heat lightning over the lake. Try as I may , its very difficult to capture the Lightning in a Pano so i switched to Photos and got this gem.

So your flying in the Rain but its Pitch Black over the lake until the Lightning , your out about 1700 ft and you can see the lights on your drone for visual.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm in the Storm.

DJI_0616-1-2.jpg

Reactions: merak75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC