DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone almost crashes during mid-flight.

metriXc

Reactions
Hello community,

I wanted to share this video with you, because my mavic did something odd today. During my flight after gaining some altitude my mavic seemingly had a problem.
Could this be related to high winds or was it a gimbal problem?
Any help is appreciated!

It looks like a gimbal reset mid-flight. I don't think anyone has tracked down a cause for it, nor been able to reliably reproduce the error.

Okay, that means it has happened to others before as well. I was just not aware of what caused it.
As you can see towards the end of the video you can see black stripes on top of the screen. Were these the propellers?
Thank you!

Okay, that means it has happened to others before as well. I was just not aware of what caused it.
As you can see towards the end of the video you can see black stripes on top of the screen. Were these the propellers?
Thank you!

Yep, those are the props :)

I've had this happen a few times. Scary as sh** every time.

Yes have heard of it a few times but not yet had it happen to me. For some reason the gimble decides to recalibrate mid flight. When calibrating it travels up to the highest position (about 30 degrees above horizontal) and it can see the propellers at that angle.

Why is more a question for DJI as no one else seems to have found a reason yet!

Exactly what they said, had it happen more than once and stops your heart every time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121