DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Base Payment system

I did 5 missions for them last spring, then jobs really slowed down. Seemed like it took about a week to get paid, but I never had an issue with them. Cheers.

Reactions: Vronn
I've flown for DroneBase for years. Payment has never been a problem. Nice and quick. Not great pay, but it's not horrible for filler jobs.

Since someone brought up the subject, every time a job has come up on Dronebase, it has never been enough pay to even nudge me to get off the couch. In fact, often not enough for the gas to even drive to the job, let alone the actual flying time. They seem to want you to do the job and then pay them. I get a kick out of someone paying me to fly my drone, but need to justify leaving the house. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your responses. Do you have to provide your bank information for payment or do they use something like PayPal?

I was one of their first of many pilots in 2015, payment at first was decent and quick. My last 3 missions amounted to decent deal to be able to do all them in a few hours, but the pay system needs to be fixed. It took about 10 days to get paid.

Agree with Vic. Done over 100 missions with DroneBase. Set up bank information. Advised of asset approval, then advised of Payment. Always deposited early in the week after advised of Payment. Details are on this link. Pilot FAQ

Since someone brought up the subject, every time a job has come up on Dronebase, it has never been enough pay to even nudge me to get off the couch. In fact, often not enough for the gas to even drive to the job, let alone the actual flying time. They seem to want you to do the job and then pay them. I get a kick out of someone paying me to fly my drone, but need to justify leaving the house. Am I missing something?
I agree 100%. $70 dollars for a simple 350 ft cardinal, 100 ft cardinal 3 frontal shots, but the job is 70 to 100 miles away. I just decline them.

They moved to Stripe app which works nearly identical to PayPal. Typically a week between upload and receipt of payment. Not a bad side hustle/beer money/gas money if your area is active and the jobs are nearby or in your path. Only flown a few in the past year due to flights being far off the beaten path. Only seeing 1-2 mission alerts per month. Tried to update my drone/camera on my profile to no avail.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada