DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone buying advice

Thrreofive

Reactions
Hi folks. Im hoping you guys can help me find a drone to meet my requirements. First off I've never owned a drone and never had much interest until now.
I'm an arborist who Is getting old and getting my rope high up in trees is starting to be a pain (in the back). Now days by the time I get my rope where I need it Ive used a 1/4 of my days energy reserve.
Im looking to purchase a beginers drone that can lift and release about 2lbs, is easy to learn and fly, durable (or should I say crashable) and is around $100.00. Am I dreaming here? Anyone have suggestions, comments, advice or specific drones to look at? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks for reading everyone.

Hi folks. Im hoping you guys can help me find a drone to meet my requirements. First off I've never owned a drone and never had much interest until now.
I'm an arborist who Is getting old and getting my rope high up in trees is starting to be a pain (in the back). Now days by the time I get my rope where I need it Ive used a 1/4 of my days energy reserve.
Im looking to purchase a beginers drone that can lift and release about 2lbs, is easy to learn and fly, durable (or should I say crashable) and is around $100.00. Am I dreaming here? Anyone have suggestions, comments, advice or specific drones to look at? Any help is appreciated.

There is dreaming and than there is dreaming of a unicorn , lol I got nothing for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.!

Reactions: DDS
So what price range am I looking at?
I think a Phantom series unit could possibly be as close as you'll get. I think lifting 2 lbs might be realistic, and there are after-market release mechanisms out there on the interweb. Crashable? No. $100? No to that as well. If you are flying close to trees then you'll need a lot of them. You'll also need a Part 107 certification in the USA or perhaps it's equivalent in your country since you would be using the drone for a commercial purpose.

In the price range you specified
You will have a hard time trying to find a drone that will do what you’re asking.
Now I would sudjest
A Mavic Pro
They are relatively
Easy to fly
And can handle the task of lifting
1.5lb
New about $900
But I have Seen nice used Magic’s
Go for around $500

Good luck with your quest
Hope this helps.

.........cR

There is nothing I'd consider a beginner drone that can lift 2 pounds. With the new FAA regulations flying a drone that can for anything that advances a business is consider commercial flying and requires a license to operate the drone.

Reactions: Thomas B

If you’re interested in buying a Mavic, I have mine for sale. FS: Price Reduced! DJI Mavic Pro Platinum w/ Fly More Combo and Nanuk Hard Case.
Thumbswayup[emoji1303][emoji16]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo