DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone caught in grass.

Reactions
So today on my flight, i thought stamping down on some grass to then take off would do the trick. However when attempting to do auto take off, one of the propellers got within some grass and the drone continued to hit and fly around the grass whilst one of the propellers were stuck. Now as that was my second flight i am worried that i have done a lot of damage. I did manage to fly it to max hight, but wondered if there is a way to check and if the app would prompt me if the drone was having issues?
Thanks

Check with your fingers to see if rotating each motor feels the same.
may be easier with props off. The magnets in the motors will provide a very slight resistance. Also check on the one that did the lawn mowing that the prop lock is not damaged.

Not necesseraly, the app tells you if you have issues with the compass or IMU so you must do a calibration of this. But the props you must se for your self if they are damaged or have cracks. It’s allways the best to check before every takeoff. And do have a start/landingpad or mat for clearance.

Attachments

• 181D0616-120D-46AA-9EE8-1E4EBF91D761.jpeg
    181D0616-120D-46AA-9EE8-1E4EBF91D761.jpeg
    620.6 KB · Views: 108
may be easier with props off. The magnets in the motors will provide a very slight resistance. Also check on the one that did the lawn mowing that the prop lock is not damaged.
Thanks, Yeah i cant remember exactly what one it was, as it was all in a panic, but i think it was the top left one and it was caught up and started swinging, so it was the other 3 doing the mowing just that one caught and doing circles.

Not necesseraly, the app tells you if you have issues with the compass or IMU so you must do a calibration of this. But the props you must se for your self if they are damaged or have cracks. It’s allways the best to check before every takeoff. And do have a start/landingpad or mat for clearance.
Thanks, yeah i will look into getting a landing pad

I will check them again tomorrow before attempting to fly again

Some clarification please. Are you saying that since the incident mentioned by the op, that he should do some calibrating, or just check the app?

if yo dont have a matt yet, a good substitute is a car mat, the rubber ones are quite heavy and will make a flat surface to take off from till you get a proper one

My guess (and might be wrong) but some of the more tech heavy members could read the OP's flight logs to check the motors. A easy pad can be as simple as a automobile floor mat.

Reactions: JS1600
Some clarification please. Are you saying that since the incident mentioned by the op, that he should do some calibrating, or just check the app?
What I was trying to get to is if the drone in some how stuck in grass or branches or even flips over the app will tell him if there is any problems with the compass or IMU and might need a calibration, not that it’s something that must be done.

if yo dont have a matt yet, a good substitute is a car mat, the rubber ones are quite heavy and will make a flat surface to take off from till you get a proper one
Brilliant!

So today on my flight, i thought stamping down on some grass to then take off would do the trick. However when attempting to do auto take off, one of the propellers got within some grass and the drone continued to hit and fly around the grass whilst one of the propellers were stuck. Now as that was my second flight i am worried that i have done a lot of damage. I did manage to fly it to max hight, but wondered if there is a way to check and if the app would prompt me if the drone was having issues?
Thanks
For $15.99 you cannot go wrong with this one. Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 8.33.23 AM.png

Reactions: RickinWaST
Thanks
try checking the rpm

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N