DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone compass needs calibration every start. FIX

Tufargon

Reactions
I had sold my MA2 and bought a used M2P (for my own reasons) and the guy said while he did a test flight for me "for some reason it asks to calibrate the compass every flight now". I thought to myself for the price I'm getting it at I could just send it off to DJI and have them fix it so I bought it. After doing a bit of research I saw that that usually happens when the compass module gets magnetized. I bought a demagnetizer/degausser just for chits and giggles. It was only like 12 bux and thought it's worth a shot. I followed a couple videos on youtube on how to do it and low and behold it doesn't ask anymore. I shut down and removed the battery 4 times, tried again and it never asked me to calibrate again. Usually it would ask every time. Looks like success!
Hope this might help someone in the same situation.

Demagnetizer I bought.

Videos I followed. Boring but it gives the jist of it.

Last edited:
amazing results! +1

I was definitely skeptical when I first started to read but, by God, you defeated the beast! Ha!
Thank you. A happy camper here. After I thought about the whole thing, he sold it to me without a case so he would just put it in his truck and go do his wedding gigs. I remembered seeing a huge subwoofer in the back of his truck. I'm guessing he put it beside it and that's how it got magnetized. I guess he thought it was about to fail and wanted to sell it before it did. I got the smart controller and the M2P for 600. Same as I sold my MA2 for. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada