DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone controller

Yanert

Reactions
First post!

I have been flying a mini 2 for the last couple of years.

Was looking at getting a smart controller so I would not need to use my phone.

I see the controller is discontinued. Looking to see what others are doing when they don’t want to use their personal phone and would like to have something that just always stays with the drone.

I tried a Galaxy Tab A7, but it seemed to very glitchy and I lost video feed with while using the tablet many times. It was troubling and worrisome. Additional, after having Covid, my eyes have changed significantly and multiple times. From this I am looking for something that has a large screen so I can see better.

I see that you can still buy an Air 2S with a smart controller currently, but was not sure if this would be a smart purchase with the controller being discontinued.

Thank you for any advice.

I use an iPad mini that is mostly dedicated to my drone. For me its a good compromise between weight and screen visibility. It has worked flawlessly for over a year.

Reactions: BigAl07
First post!

I have been flying a mini 2 for the last couple of years.

Was looking at getting a smart controller so I would not need to use my phone.

I see the controller is discontinued. Looking to see what others are doing when they don’t want to use their personal phone and would like to have something that just always stays with the drone.

I tried a Galaxy Tab A7, but it seemed to very glitchy and I lost video feed with while using the tablet many times. It was troubling and worrisome. Additional, after having Covid, my eyes have changed significantly and multiple times. From this I am looking for something that has a large screen so I can see better.

I see that you can still buy an Air 2S with a smart controller currently, but was not sure if this would be a smart purchase with the controller being discontinued.

Thank you for any advice.
I have been using the A7 without any problems !!

Reactions: Rotorfreak
I have been using the A7 without any problems !!
Do you think that is if you switched between two platforms, (Android Phone and Galaxy A7 tablet) that it might cause issues. Maybe you would need to sink up your drone with your controller if you switched from one to the other, even if you have the most updated download?

Do you think that is if you switched between two platforms, (Android Phone and Galaxy A7 tablet) that it might cause issues. Maybe you would need to sink up your drone with your controller if you switched from one to the other, even if you have the most updated download?
As long as you have the correct updated apps on either device, it shouldn't matter. I have switched between my iPhone and Mini 5 tablet with no issues. As long as you're logged into your DJI account on both devices, The only caveat is if you have it bound to one device or the other for the flyaway coverage, then you would need to unbind from one device to the other to switch.

Update: I downloaded the Go Fly app again on my Galaxy Tab A7 again and synced it to my Mini2. (Based on the comment from the gentleman above).
I took it out for some very controlled flights. What I experienced was that the Go Fly App screen would suddenly close, and it would go to the home screen. From this, I would still have complete control of flight via the controller. In order to get the flight screen to come back up, I would need to toggle back through and open the Go fly screen again. I am fully updated so, I am not sure what could be going on. Thanks! In other instances, if I remember it correctly, I think the app would completely shut down, and I would need to open it back up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest